Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

4 inch ProComp + 1 BL and 37's...(pics)!!

3K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Crunchakah 
#1 ·
It's done for now...

I have to take off the Spare and redo the exhaust tip and get center caps and regear and adjust the tcase linkage and....well a million other little things but it's done.............for now:D

4 inch ProComp Stage 2 with MX6 adjustables.
ProComp triangulated 4 link convertion for the rear which eliminated the rear track bar.
1" PA BL to clear the 37x12.50.17's on Soft 8's with 4.5 inches of BS.

To be honest I don't think I even need the little Tcase drop so it might come off. DS angles are right on, no vibes. I need to regear but it's not killing me right now and the brakes are far more effective than I ever thought they'd be.

The tires clear lock to lock without any spacers in the stops and I went with the BS of 4.5 with a little helpfull advice from Jerry B..(thanks Jerry, I really like the way the rims and tires tuck into the Jeep too).

To the guy at 4 wheel parts, NTB, a few of you on here, and almost every other "Jeep Guy" around me.......THE 37's FIT PERFECT:p

Poser garage shots, I know and it's not real clean but it's the best I could do with how much I work and how short the daylight is:2thumbsup:

See less See more
#4 ·
badoosh27 said:
looks really good, i guess its the fact that its an unlimited but the tires look smaller than 37's. i'm not doubting you, just looks wierd. you need some outside pics and like he said get it durty
it might be that they're 17" rims but yeah they do look smaller than 37's

#5 ·
Do not be surprised if you rub your tires. turning is one thing but dont forget to check the compression at the wheel wells. I have a 5.5" RE with 37" and I just clear upon full compression. FRont is perfect but my rear tire will catch by 1/4" in front of the tire on the body if I really stuff the tire.

#6 ·
CrawlinLJ said:
Do not be surprised if you rub your tires. turning is one thing but dont forget to check the compression at the wheel wells. I have a 5.5" RE with 37" and I just clear upon full compression. FRont is perfect but my rear tire will catch by 1/4" in front of the tire on the body if I really stuff the tire.
x2

I'm interested to see the tires at full stuff. you may need to bumpstop a bit.

#8 ·
4"lift and 1"bl are fine for 37s. flex the rear and take pics to check the rear steer with the 4link short arm setup.

#12 ·
I went with 17's for a few reasons. It's a LOT more stable when aired down and it looks nicer IMHO. Also, 17's for the TJ's are a PITA to find. I actually wanted a 3.5 BS'd rim but could only find them in beadlocks which I didn't want yet. This also means the I won't run into many 17's on other TJ's, and I like to be different.

The 4 link came out a couple months ago. You have to tweek the tailpipe to clear this set up and the bushings they sent are a little big (I'm fixing that), so the bolt is a touch small and a slight clunk is audible if used this way. Other wise the kit is really nice. It actually trussed the rearend which is part of the design.

I bought the tires used so for a spare I'll buy a new TSL. I'm just waiting to see if I really like them as I wanted the Mud Grapplers instead. The tire is a 37 but it does measure smaller than other 37's as most SSR's usually do.

I haven't had a chance to disco and fully flex it out. I imagine I may need to adjust the stops then but connected they are adjusted to prohibit any rubbing when flexed.

D30 is still up front and will stay until broken. I am upgrading the gears and axles eventually. I also plan on trussing the front axle as well.

#13 ·
Oh yeah........It's raining and snowing here. I'm thinking I may have to get muddy and take some new pictures. I'll make sure I get a pic of the rear setup before that though.

#15 ·
ktmracer419 said:
how slow are the 3:73's with the heavy 37" swampers?

im sure your transmission will be loving it
Again, not as bad as I thought. I actually don't mind it. I'm still regearing but it's honestly not bad. My speedo is about 8 mph off and the engine and trans aren't really struggling.

#17 ·
Very nice.
If you don't mind me asking, what is the clearance height of the jeep now? How much space do you have when coming in under the garage door?

#19 ·
Postal said:
Very nice.
If you don't mind me asking, what is the clearance height of the jeep now? How much space do you have when coming in under the garage door?
I started out with 18 1/2" from the ground to the body measured just behind the step. I ended up with 23 1/2" at the same point BEFORE the body lift. SO the ProComp netted a total of 5"s. The bodylift added an inch to that and my Garage is about 8'. I clear it by about a foot.

On the articulation, while I'm sure it's better than a straight stage 2 set up, it's still going to be limited by the LCA's being fixed. I plan on upgrading to JKS for the 4 in front and the rear LCA's next year.

#20 ·
sweet rig.... i have an 03 tj with just 4" procomp.. with 32x12.5. again nice rig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.