4 door IDF jeep tj - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-13-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
or8008
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: the Bay
Posts: 143
4 door IDF jeep tj

Thought this might interest some people here:

Israel Defense Forces 4 door Jeep TJ

From wiki:
Beginning in 2006, AIL began delivery of an improved model to the IDF, the M-242 Storm Mark II, known in the field as the "Storm Commander". A number of significant changes have been incorporated into the new TJ-based Storms stemming from soldiers' feedback, updated operational requirements, and testing by GOC Army Headquarters and Logistics, Medical, and the Centers Directorate. Perhaps the most obvious change is the addition of dual passenger doors, making the Storm II the first five-door Jeep Wrangler derivative.[8][9][10]

Other improvements include the addition of gears to six over the previous four and increased stability resulting from wider axles than its predecessor. Leaf springs were replaced with modern suspension, and the Storm II features rear Dana 44 axles and front TJ Dana 30s, factory designed slip yoke eliminators, and the added safety of airbags. Soldiers' comfort was addressed as well with the addition of standard rear air conditioning as well as CD players.[9][10][1]

Storm II is also produced in an armoured version, and is offered with an optional 2.8 litre VM Motori turbodiesel, automatic transmission, right hand drive, and run-flat tyres. AIL is capable of completing ten vehicles daily. Due to recently passed tax laws, a civilian version is not yet available in the local market.[9][10][1]

Here is a website with plenty of pics: http://www.jeepolog.com/UserFiles/en.../storm_mk2.htm






I want one without that hardtop.


1998 Sahara TJ 4.0 5spd
RE 3.5 SF f/r trackbar - 32x11.5 BFG AT - DANA 30/44 4.11 - CURRIE sye/custom DS - OX locker rear - XRC8 winch gen 2 (free!) - OR-FAB tire/gerry can carrier - Yaesu/Kenwood vhf/uhf
or8008 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 01-13-2008, 09:57 PM
chadsmeltzer
Registered User
 
chadsmeltzer's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,973
6 speed, turbo diesel, TJ,

04 TJ - 2 KC Daylighters, 35x12.5x15 MT/R Kevlar, 3" coils, Rear 4 link, 1.25" JKS BL, 1" JKS BMML, 33 Eng. Hi-Clearance Skid, 8.8 with LS, D30 EZ locker, OBA
chadsmeltzer is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 01-13-2008, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
or8008
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: the Bay
Posts: 143
The storm 1 had leafs

1998 Sahara TJ 4.0 5spd
RE 3.5 SF f/r trackbar - 32x11.5 BFG AT - DANA 30/44 4.11 - CURRIE sye/custom DS - OX locker rear - XRC8 winch gen 2 (free!) - OR-FAB tire/gerry can carrier - Yaesu/Kenwood vhf/uhf
or8008 is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
WILLY348
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Posts: 1,307
They obviously wern't "Just Kidding" (JK wrangler ) when they made this jeep

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport: Current Jeep
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: (Sold and missed!)
2004 Ford Mustang Cobra http://s249.beta.photobucket.com/use...89_o1.jpg.html
WILLY348 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
glockfire
Registered User
 
glockfire's Avatar
2006  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camp Pendleton, CA
Posts: 247
Very cool. The Jeep is gettin shot at again like it was built to be. (Not an anti-IDF remark, just think its cool that Jeep is back in battle)

l_JEEP_l
(OlllllllO)

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 01-13-2008, 11:12 PM
newbs
Jeepaholic
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nova
Posts: 1,916
check out rockcrawler.com they have wright up on these, they are leafsprung in the rear with dana 60's if I recall.
newbs is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 01-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion
 
Unlimited04's Avatar
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24,165
Unlimited04 is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Erik T.
Registered User
 
Erik T.'s Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,774
If you go to the Fal Files forum, they have a section under Photo's of women in Uniform. Israeli women are hot. Especially in camo and carrying Fal's.

Hot women, unique Jeeps, wild and daring adventure with the Hamas Terrorists, sounds like a place to visit.

-Erik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Oman Jeep
Registered User
 
Oman Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 5,162
Oman Jeep is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
tjthorson
Registered User
 
tjthorson's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T.
If you go to the Fal Files forum, they have a section under Photo's of women in Uniform. Israeli women are hot. Especially in camo and carrying Fal's.

Hot women, unique Jeeps, wild and daring adventure with the Hamas Terrorists, sounds like a place to visit.
This thread is useless without pics!


Todd Thorson
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport Orange Crush
Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com

Last edited by tjthorson; 01-14-2008 at 12:52 PM.
tjthorson is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Erik T.
Registered User
 
Erik T.'s Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,774
Only reason I looked up the link is because I'm going to sell some gear on that website.

So don't go around expecting me to do all the googling for you ya lazy bum.
.
.
.
.
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=146837
Thread is titled 'Chicks in Uniform!'

-Erik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Lostj
Registered User
 
Lostj's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by or8008 View Post
Thought this might interest some people here:

Israel Defense Forces 4 door Jeep TJ

From wiki:
Beginning in 2006, AIL began delivery of an improved model to the IDF, the M-242 Storm Mark II, known in the field as the "Storm Commander". A number of significant changes have been incorporated into the new TJ-based Storms stemming from soldiers' feedback, updated operational requirements, and testing by GOC Army Headquarters and Logistics, Medical, and the Centers Directorate. Perhaps the most obvious change is the addition of dual passenger doors, making the Storm II the first five-door Jeep Wrangler derivative.[8][9][10]

Other improvements include the addition of gears to six over the previous four and increased stability resulting from wider axles than its predecessor. Leaf springs were replaced with modern suspension, and the Storm II features rear Dana 44 axles and front TJ Dana 30s, factory designed slip yoke eliminators, and the added safety of airbags. Soldiers' comfort was addressed as well with the addition of standard rear air conditioning as well as CD players.[9][10][1]

Storm II is also produced in an armoured version, and is offered with an optional 2.8 litre VM Motori turbodiesel, automatic transmission, right hand drive, and run-flat tyres. AIL is capable of completing ten vehicles daily. Due to recently passed tax laws, a civilian version is not yet available in the local market.[9][10][1]

Here is a website with plenty of pics: http://www.jeepolog.com/UserFiles/en.../storm_mk2.htm

http://www.waronline.org/IDF/Article...t/sufa2_02.jpg
http://www.jeepolog.com/UserFiles/Im...ufa2%20005.jpg
http://www.jeepolog.com/UserFiles/Im...ufa2%20006.jpg
http://www.jeepolog.com/UserFiles/Im...ufa2%20010.jpg

I want one without that hardtop.
ill take it with the hardtop. i wish we had these and the TJ-L's over here

00'TJ
74'CJ5 For Sale
Lostj is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 05-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Bishop Creek
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Eastern High Sierra
Posts: 2,050
I like it. Sure looks better than a four door JK.

“This isn’t the Old West, because the New West has never arrived. It’s just the West, like Wyatt Earp died yesterday.”
─ Michael Martin Murphey talking about the Eastern Sierra during an interview in 1996.
Bishop Creek is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Xlr8n
Registered User
1986 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: midwest
Posts: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Creek View Post
I like it. Sure looks better than a four door JK.
And it would look even better lifted on 37's!
Xlr8n is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeep door latch jeepsRtheBezNez YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 0 03-14-2009 01:52 PM
4 door jeep cyco JK Wrangler Technical Forum 15 12-12-2007 11:03 AM
Jeep 4 door Wrangler DCGayhart JK Wrangler Technical Forum 34 08-18-2006 01:05 PM
What's that on the new 4-door Jeep?!?!? pdxbubba JK Wrangler Technical Forum 23 06-26-2006 06:11 PM
jeep wrangler 4 door chunkylover TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 22 07-25-2005 06:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome