4 cylinder sputtering randomly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4 cylinder sputtering randomly

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 08-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Utfan010
2004 TJ Wrangler 

4 cylinder sputtering randomly

okay so i have a 4 cylinder 1997 SE, every once in a while when just started up or idling it will start to sputter down and come close to dying.....its done this twice on the road once while doing 60 and i had to pull off the road and it was fine.....and the other time today in 3rd gear it did it. i put it in neutral and got in the turn lane and was fine. but when it happens i can press the accelerator and something will start clicking and cluncking underneath me sounds to be coming from transmission, and then once i rev it once or twice it will be fine. ive done a little research, and came to a bad fuel pump, and a bad clutch sensor? any suggestions on what i should look for or listen to to lead me to the problem?

Tags
4 cyl , accelerate , clutch , idle , sputtering

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.