4 cylinder sputtering randomly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4 cylinder sputtering randomly

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Utfan010
2004 TJ Wrangler 

4 cylinder sputtering randomly

okay so i have a 4 cylinder 1997 SE, every once in a while when just started up or idling it will start to sputter down and come close to dying.....its done this twice on the road once while doing 60 and i had to pull off the road and it was fine.....and the other time today in 3rd gear it did it. i put it in neutral and got in the turn lane and was fine. but when it happens i can press the accelerator and something will start clicking and cluncking underneath me sounds to be coming from transmission, and then once i rev it once or twice it will be fine. ive done a little research, and came to a bad fuel pump, and a bad clutch sensor? any suggestions on what i should look for or listen to to lead me to the problem?

Tags
4 cyl , accelerate , clutch , idle , sputtering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.