4 Cylinder Jeep Thorttle Body Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4 Cylinder Jeep Thorttle Body Swap

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
ngrace62
2000 TJ Wrangler 

4 Cylinder Jeep Thorttle Body Swap

Hay Guys,

I have a 2000 TJ with a 4 cylinder in it. I have a buddy that took the throttle body off a 6 Cylinder and put it on his 4 cylinder. He claims that it gives it alot more power with out killing his MPG. I was wondering if this really works or if anyone has done this before?

ngrace62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
53flattie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Many of threads about this... "Alot" is open to interpretation. I don't think I would use that term to describe the power gains. I would probably say "a little". It's not going to have to street racing or drifting.

Do a search for "throttle body swap". That should get you more information that you care to read.
53flattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
ngrace62
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Ill try that and see where that gets me
ngrace62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

The only way I noticed a change in my 4cyl when I swapped to a 6cyl throttle body was when the 6cyl was still attached to the throttle body when I put it in my Jeep.

What I am saying is out of everything I did to my 4cyl to get more power the only thing that really worked was change the motor. I actually get the same MPG with my 6 as I did the 4 since the 6 doesn't have to work as hard.

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
zweasle
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I did it with mine, I also have a cool air intake with KN filter. with headers and flow master ex.

I did notice a small gain, but like Flattie said, it's no street racer!!

I tried to break my tires loose on wet, rainded on, asphalt yesterday and I couldn't. I have 37's and 5.38's .... SO 5.3L is my next plan. I don't want a street racer, I just want to be able to have a few more HP.
zweasle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
77midget
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
The only way I noticed a change in my 4cyl when I swapped to a 6cyl throttle body was when the 6cyl was still attached to the throttle body when I put it in my Jeep.
lolz
77midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
HS108
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I did it, if you can get it for free why not...
HS108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.