4 Cyl TJ Opinions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4 Cyl TJ Opinions

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #16
rachaelbarr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailsurf7713 View Post
The 4 popper will handle 33s just fine with 4.88s. But, why the 4" lift? It just brings on added complications. 2" and 1.25" body lift and toss on 33s. Then you have money left over to spend on other stuff.

4" cause I've heard nothing but bad things about body lifts. I'm thinking 3" maybe but I need a suspension kit

rachaelbarr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #17
ivester1992
2006 TJ Wrangler 

a body lift is required for many of the tj mods
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

what have you heard thats bad about a a 1.25" or less BL?
Ironhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
skfullen
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead_Jed View Post
but did you re-gear it or lug your motor to poor gas mileage?
Yes, I did. 4:56's. At 60 MPH I was turning about 2850 RPM's. It was a three speed auto.
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelbarr View Post
4" cause I've heard nothing but bad things about body lifts. I'm thinking 3" maybe but I need a suspension kit
Uh oh. I should probably go take mine off, and lower my gas tank back down and forget about a flat T.C. skid.

There is nothing wrong with a body lift. Excessive body lifts look bad, but 1-1.25" is all you need on a TJ. And it gets you set up for a host of other mods that will increase capability much more than a 4" lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
Willu
2005 TJ Wrangler 

im running a 4inch suspension lift on my 4 banger and to my knowledge (bought it from a dude about 2 and a half years ago) it has stock gearing. I got up to 83mph once at about 3.8k rpms. It rides fine to me. i can be in 6th gear going at 2.4k rpms going 65 cruising it. No complaints at all.
Willu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #22
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My 4 banger with 3 inch lift and 33x12.50s will do 65 on the highway with stock gears if you really push it. I rarely take it on the interestate though. Just back country roads. 5the gear is pretty much useless but it does just fine in all the other gears.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 cyl , lift , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.