4.56 Gears & Ox Locker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4.56 Gears & Ox Locker

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
VnutZ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

4.56 Gears & Ox Locker

So I'm getting quoted $4K in the Northern VA area to get regeared 4.56 with front and rear Ox Lockers. Anybody know anyplace somewhat near the Fairfax area that can beat that ... or has labor re-established that as the going price?

Ox Lockers and Warn Powerplant Winch
Improve MPG: The Factors Affecting Fuel Efficiency
Cummins 4BT Jeep Wrangler TJ Diesel Conversion
VnutZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hit the yellow pages.
Benderff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
VnutZ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I never thought NJ would have a better price - but they're beating Viriginia by nearly $700 so I guess I'll just have it done at home on a weekend.
Ox Lockers and Warn Powerplant Winch
Improve MPG: The Factors Affecting Fuel Efficiency
Cummins 4BT Jeep Wrangler TJ Diesel Conversion
VnutZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

www.bapracing.com

A friend of mine runs the shop up in Silver Spring. He did my 4.56 and powertrax no-slip install and no problems here.

Is the $4k price for the parts plus install? I'd say you should source the gears, install kit, and locker yourself from a forum vendor, then get the install done.
Unread 08-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
www.bapracing.com
I'd say you should source the gears, install kit, and locker yourself from a forum vendor, then get the install done.
If you do that you will most likely not get a warranty from the shop. And if you do have parts problems they may try to refuse warranty saying it was an installation error. If you aren't capable of doing the install yourself, your best bet is to let the shop supply the parts and labor.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

We are on the Eastern Shore of MD and only charge $275 an axle for Jeep axles still in the vehicle. That labor only and per axle, I would have to run prices on the gears and lockers.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.