4:10, 33's, Dana M35 Rear, Dana 30 Front - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 4:10, 33's, Dana M35 Rear, Dana 30 Front

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-10-2004, 02:12 PM   #1
Jeeper-4-Life

4:10, 33's, Dana M35 Rear, Dana 30 Front

I have been reading post after post after post and hearing a lot of different opinions, which is expected. But for clarification, will I be alright to have 4:10's and a trac loc in a stock Dana M35 rear (by the way, what does the M mean???) along with the 4:10's in the stock Dana 30 Front? I will be running 33's and do not plan to go bigger, I also do a lot of street/highway driving and offroad when I can, mainly dunes and trails...limited amount of rocks and very little mud.

Jeeper-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2004, 03:48 PM   #2
KaiserJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You can get away with more tire and higher gearing on the road than offroad. But what's a Jeep for?

You can get away with more tire and higher gearing if you drive around like an old man all the time. But what's a Jeep for?

You can get away with more tire and higher gearing with a 2.5L - but you have the 4.0L I see.

You can get away with more tire if you re-gear to restore the stock RPMs, but you are not doing that - the natural tendancy is to use more throttle to restore acceleration - bad idea, but you can't help it.

You already knew all this, based on the way you asked the question. I'm not gonna encourage you, because I think you have already made up your mind to go ahead. I would encourage you to have a good backup plan - like hiking shoes, a canteen, and a couple of days of food. For when the axle breaks.

Even if you had the money and the desire to upgrade all the weak pieces, you might still break something and be stranded miles from the road - it's just less likely. Be prepared.

Edit: M35 is Dana Model 35 differential. The actual Jeep model axle is a Dana 194RBI, where R = Rear Axle, B = Beam Axle Design, I = Iron differential construction, and 194 is the diameter of the ring gear in millimeters.
2003 Wrangler Rubicon TJ

Last edited by KaiserJeep; 02-10-2004 at 03:53 PM..
KaiserJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.