35's vs 37's on dana 44 debate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 35's vs 37's on dana 44 debate

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Ulumanati
2004 TJ Wrangler 

35's vs 37's on dana 44 debate

Okay so we all know it's like beating a dead horse but this might be something at least to my knowledge not covered. Everyone says that 35's with chromo's on a d44 is a good combo but a 37 is asking for something to explode. My 37 old version MTR like everyone says runs on the small side and measures about 36 on a good day. And I've heard that the new MTR or other tires run true to their full sizes, so what exactly about that one inch is it that causes such trouble?

I believe I once read mrblaine explaining something about the larger contact patch but want a bit more info. I understand breakage is inevitable no matter what combos but am a bit confused. I myself run 37's and have twisted a pair of cromo splines but want to know, if I did the exact same trail in the exact same driving manner with 35's, would those cromo's really have lasted?

This is not trying to convince ppl to run 37's as I myself will upgrade to a d60 or go to 35's.

Unread 06-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't understand the theory, than you should move up to at least D60s?If you don't continue on. It's only a matter of time on your outter D44 front axles!MrBlaine knows what he is speaking about!And yes your beating a dead horse!Do a search, and yes this has been covered a million times!
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
robncar
We're BACK!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The new MT/R with Kevlar is not available in a 37" size for a 15" wheel. The 37" for a 17" wheel is about $325. The 35" for a 15" wheel is about $200.
|_____|
(O|||||||O)
|______|

[]====o=[]

RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #430
robncar is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.