33's no lift, tube fenders? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 33's no lift, tube fenders?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
witness
2001 TJ Wrangler 

33's no lift, tube fenders?

Is it possible?

I got a 2001 Sahara, and I really like the idea of running stock suspension.

I'd rather have tube fenders than a suspension lift. Has anyone done this? Any draw backs to running stock suspension and 33's?

witness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

damn right its possible. -sean- on this forum runs 35s at roughly stock height (well...for the most part...his rig is highly modified).

but based on the educated folks i've talked to running the stock springs with big tires, they're a little disappointed in the uptravel and downtravel. with shock mount relocation and long travel shocks, the stock springs unseat because they aren't long enough uncompressed, and with stock shocks they just don't flex a ton.

if you just want to fit 33s on completely stock suspension, then slap on a set of highline fenders (DIY, Rokmen, Gen-Right, AEV, TnT Customs, etc), hack up the rear with a sawzall and you're done.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

No Lift 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 35 Inch Tires Fitting - Jp Magazine
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
witness
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Would tube fenders up front and flares in the rear be ok? Our would I have to take a saw to my rear quarter panel? I'd like to keep as much of the stock sahara look as possible. I know tube fenders are as far from stock look as possible but you get the idea. I'd really like for it to be a sleeper that I can drive everyday
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The front will be ok you will rub a little but the back will rub every bump you hit I did that with my 285's roughly 33 11 or hits in the front of the rear wheel well ...
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by witness View Post
Would tube fenders up front and flares in the rear be ok? Our would I have to take a saw to my rear quarter panel? I'd like to keep as much of the stock sahara look as possible. I know tube fenders are as far from stock look as possible but you get the idea. I'd really like for it to be a sleeper that I can drive everyday
yes you need to cut the rear, and not the flares - the steel body. you can keep the stock flares. lots of people DIY highline their rigs and reuse the stock flares.
KWIT YNIN, git ta cuttin.. stuffin 37's under 2.5" lift. - JeepForum.com

otherwise you would need to add 2" of bumpstop to your rear axle to keep the tires out of the fenders (again, not the flares, the steel body), which would basically eliminate the uptravel you have now, making the Jeep ride like a go kart.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/bu...points-734737/
Unread 07-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
witness
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Would a small body lift solve rubbing problems in the rear? Maybe a smaller tire would work out better
Unread 07-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by witness View Post
Would a small body lift solve rubbing problems in the rear? Maybe a smaller tire would work out better
a 1.25" BL will just barely clear 32s (given proper backspacing). works really good with 31s.
Unread 07-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
witness
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I really wanted to avoid a suspension lift but maybe a small one might be in order
Unread 07-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
tjallday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

go bb, cheap, easy
tjallday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
tj , wrangler , tube , fenders , 33 , suspension , stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.