3" Lift Modifications - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 3" Lift Modifications

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #16
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayview471 View Post
I was wondering whether to get the hydro or the nitro shocks. Its a $50 difference in price, but is it worth it? I also found the lift discounted on one of their dealer's websites if anyone wants it I'll send you then link.
I only know one person on here who has the nitro shocks so I wouldn't know.I had a bad experience with Skyjacker nitro shocks being super stiff years ago and didn't want to take a chance.I love the way the hydros ride and wouldn't want it any stiffer.

TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythornton000 View Post
Got mine on eBay. Might check there too.
Will do. Did you get new or used?

Firefighter/EMT
Bayview471 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I only know one person on here who has the nitro shocks so I wouldn't know.I had a bad experience with Skyjacker nitro shocks being super stiff years ago and didn't want to take a chance.I love the way the hydros ride and wouldn't want it any stiffer.
I take mine on some long trips so i need a little give. Do you have any pics? And did you install yourself?

Firefighter/EMT
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #19
tporter
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just installed the 3" Zone lift. I didn't want a rough ride. After responses on this site and talking to Zone I bought the kit. Very happy with it so far.
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #20
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tporter View Post
I just installed the 3" Zone lift. I didn't want a rough ride. After responses on this site and talking to Zone I bought the kit. Very happy with it so far.
How was the install? And were there any issues you had while putting it on?

Firefighter/EMT
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #21
tporter
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The install was pretty simple. I borrowed a spring compressor from a local auto parts store which was a big help. No other issues with the kit. I ordered it on Monday and received it on Friday, customer service was also great. I dealt with Dave at Zone.
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #22
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Think i'm going to go with the kit and see how it goes.

Firefighter/EMT
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #23
minderbinder3

I recently installed the Zone 3" lift with Nitros and 3/4" front coil spacers. The ride is stiffer than I expected, but not too bad. I needed the TC drop because my front drive shaft kept bouncing around. I think the extra 3/4" made it too short. The kit comes with a subtle 3/4" TC drop which is hardly noticeable.
jeep-after-lfit.jpg  
minderbinder3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
sene
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sweet. Do you have a hard time finding 32s? I know they are not as easily available as 33s are, but they can also be cheaper.
I'm running JK take-offs, rims and tires (with spidertrax adapters) - plenty to be found, and pretty cheap too. I've got plenty of room for 32s.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #25
markgavin
2006 TJ Wrangler 

just installed the Zone 3 inch lift too (first time install for me)...wasn't too bad. corrosion is an evil thing....make sure to PBlast the **** out of everything (esp. the rear shock bolts)...broke 1 and was PIA. make sure you have large (16mm+) sockets/box wrenches too. I opted to run my stock Ravines with 33x12.5x15's with some spacers...no other wheel out there really grabbed my attention and was cheaper this way! here's some pics if you want to see. I opted for the nitro shocks. Ride is 100% better than the stock setup imo...maybe they were wore out?

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...3DDSC01120.jpg

sorry bout the clicks

also...forgot in above rambling....i went with a superlift adjustable front track bar due to price and availability locally; straight forward install. so far, a very satisfied Zone customer.
markgavin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 05:07 AM   #26
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I take mine on some long trips so i need a little give. Do you have any pics? And did you install yourself?
I always install all of my lifts and other's too.
Pics.
Stock.(bad phone pic)

BL/MML and rear done.

Complete lift with 3/4" spacers up front and stock tires.

Two days later with 35's.
Unread 04-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #27
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgavin View Post
just installed the Zone 3 inch lift too (first time install for me)...wasn't too bad. corrosion is an evil thing....make sure to PBlast the **** out of everything (esp. the rear shock bolts)...broke 1 and was PIA. make sure you have large (16mm+) sockets/box wrenches too. I opted to run my stock Ravines with 33x12.5x15's with some spacers...no other wheel out there really grabbed my attention and was cheaper this way! here's some pics if you want to see. I opted for the nitro shocks. Ride is 100% better than the stock setup imo...maybe they were wore out?

sorry bout the clicks

also...forgot in above rambling....i went with a superlift adjustable front track bar due to price and availability locally; straight forward install. so far, a very satisfied Zone customer.
Looks good! Click free for ya.
Unread 04-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #28
jaythornton000
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Will do. Did you get new or used?
New...
jaythornton000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #29
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgavin View Post

sorry bout the clicks

Are those BFGoodrich's on there? Like the look of them.

Firefighter/EMT
Unread 04-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #30
Bayview471
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I always install all of my lifts and other's too.
Pics.
Stock.(bad phone pic)

BL/MML and rear done.

Complete lift with 3/4" spacers up front and stock tires.

Two days later with 35's.
Was there anything extra need as far as the drivetrain since you added the MML and BL? I eventually want to go higher and fit some 35s.

Firefighter/EMT

Tags
tj , transfer case drop , zone 3" lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.