JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   3" Lift Modifications (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/3-lift-modifications-1194979/)

Bayview471 04-11-2011 05:21 PM

3" Lift Modifications
 
I want to put a 3" lift on my TJ because it seems like there will not be much change in the drivetrain angles that will need major alterations other than a small transfer case drop. Before I embark though I wanted to ask if there is anything else that will need to be changed/adjusted?

sene 04-11-2011 05:25 PM

I was able to get away 2.5" of lift, just replacing the coils and shocks and didn't have to drop the t-case and no other work needed.

Bayview471 04-11-2011 05:27 PM

Ok thanks. Also what tires do you run? I have the stock flares and was told they rub when the tires are 33".

TheBoogieman 04-11-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayview471 (Post 11348641)
I want to put a 3" lift on my TJ because it seems like there will not be much change in the drivetrain angles that will need major alterations other than a small transfer case drop. Before I embark though I wanted to ask if there is anything else that will need to be changed/adjusted?

That depends on the lift.A MML is a better option than a t case drop for a 3" lift.Maybe even a UCF LOPRO transmission mount.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/u...-mount-991792/

Bayview471 04-11-2011 05:35 PM

Thge reason I mentioned the lowering kit is that I want to get the Zone 3" lift which comes with a drop kit included.

sene 04-11-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayview471 (Post 11348681)
Ok thanks. Also what tires do you run? I have the stock flares and was told they rub when the tires are 33".

I have 32s and they fit without rubbing. 33s are possible on 2.5" but you have to set your bump stops to accommodate that.

I'm running rough country 2.5" coils and bilstein 5100 shocks.

Bayview471 04-11-2011 05:43 PM

Sweet. Do you have a hard time finding 32s? I know they are not as easily available as 33s are, but they can also be cheaper.

TheBoogieman 04-11-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayview471 (Post 11348729)
Thge reason I mentioned the lowering kit is that I want to get the Zone 3" lift which comes with a drop kit included.

That drop is only a 3/4" one and not very noticeable.I have the Zone 4.25" combo (3"SL/1.25"BL/1"MML)lift with 35's.It rides very good.I added 3/4" spacers up front for a more level look.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5695/tint3.jpg

Bayview471 04-11-2011 05:50 PM

I like that look. How do you like the ride of the Zone?

jaythornton000 04-11-2011 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've got the zone 4.25 combo as well and dig it so far. Plenty of clearance for the 33" KM2's. Next step is going to be the front spacers to level out. The ranger beside me is on 32's

TheBoogieman 04-11-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayview471 (Post 11348841)
I like that look. How do you like the ride of the Zone?

I'm very impressed with the ride.I stayed with the hydro shocks and didn't upgrade to the nitro ones.It rides better than any of my other lifted Jeeps.I usually buy RC lifts.

jaythornton000 04-11-2011 05:55 PM

Oh, and throw in a 1" MML and you don't have to drop your t-case. :thumbsup:

jaythornton000 04-11-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboogieman

i'm very impressed with the ride.i stayed with the hydro shocks and didn't upgrade to the nitro ones.it rides better than any of my other lifted jeeps.i'd buy their lifts again.

x2

Bayview471 04-11-2011 05:58 PM

I was wondering whether to get the hydro or the nitro shocks. Its a $50 difference in price, but is it worth it? I also found the lift discounted on one of their dealer's websites if anyone wants it I'll send you then link.

jaythornton000 04-11-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayview471
I was wondering whether to get the hydro or the nitro shocks. Its a $50 difference in price, but is it worth it? I also found the lift discounted on one of their dealer's websites if anyone wants it I'll send you then link.

Got mine on eBay. Might check there too.


The time now is 12:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.