3.5" Lift Comparison (bb VS susp) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 3.5" Lift Comparison (bb VS susp)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCORGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.com

Unread 02-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #1
jrb470
2006 TJ Wrangler 

3.5" Lift Comparison (bb VS susp)

Hi All!

Here's my question:

Will a 2.25"BB / 1.25"BL, equaling 3.5" give the same results as a 3.5" Suspension Lift? I don't mean flexing or off-raod performance... I mean the visual appearance.

I will be installing my 2.25"bb / 1.25" bl combo really soon and I'm already thinking about the future....perhaps adding 2" Coils to the 2.25" spacers or upgrading to a 4" lift.

I'm never satisifed...I should have saw this coming! I haven't even installed the BB yet and Im already regretting it! lol!

Thanks guys!!

Jeep Green

Rough Country 3.25" Suspension Lift
JKS 1.25" Body Lift & 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift
33x12.50/15 BFG All-Terrain's on 15x8 ProComp Series 51 w/ 3.75" BS
jrb470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

3.5's (I'm assuming you are talking about a Rubicon Express) are going to give you more lift than advertised. You are probably going to see 4.5 in reality.

If you are already having these thoughts now......do yourself a favor and don't even install the BB. Sell it and put the money in a spring lift. You can still put on the 1.25 BL just because it's s smart mod tha goes well with suspension lifts. Don't do the 2" spacers on top of 2" springs. At that height you need longer lca's and by the time you piece all that together you can just buy a kit. Plus 2" springs aren't much cheaper than 4" springs.

Trust me, I'm in the same boat. I bought my BB last February and didn't install it till June. By the time I had put it on I already wanted something larger. Trying to avoid the obvious and save some cash I thought "oh it will be enough...." but like most everyone one on this forum.....larger consumes most of my free thought. Economy isn't helping things much but I've been working on a build fund for a little while now and bigger is the name of the game.

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
jrb470
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks doogie. You are right. I am going to sell the BB. I was planning on keeping the BL/MML though like you suggested. I'm thinking of a RoughCountry 2.5 or even the 3.25 kit; in combo with the BL, I think that will get me the look I want. I know I don't want to go larger than 33's... this is also my DD.
Jeep Green

Rough Country 3.25" Suspension Lift
JKS 1.25" Body Lift & 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift
33x12.50/15 BFG All-Terrain's on 15x8 ProComp Series 51 w/ 3.75" BS
jrb470 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.