3/4" Front Coil Spacer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 3/4" Front Coil Spacer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Barker540

3/4" Front Coil Spacer

Just a quick question... what are the benefits to adding a set of 3/4" front coil spacers to my front end? Does it really make a big difference and is it worth my time/effort to add them? Because I am fairly new to making my own modifications... are they difficult to add?

If someone has any pictures of them or their jeeps with them in... send them my way, it would be greatly appreciated.

Barker540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^ equal lift front and rear.

^ 1" extra up front.

I have the RC 3.25" lift and the .75" spacers on top of the coil didn't level my jeep like I wanted so I changed the front .75" spacer out for a 1.75" spacer. Not .75" but the difference is just splitting hairs, but as you can tell it levels the jeep out nicely and makes a pretty noticeable difference.

Hope this helps.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
Barker540

Maybe it's the camera angle at which you took the picture, but I can really tell the difference by adding a 1.75" coil spacer to the front - compared to a 3/4" spacer.

What are the advantages to having your ride leveled off? Can coil spacers be an inexpensive way to obain a little more height to the jeep? Can you add them to the rear and front to gain ride height?

Since I'm adding a 1.25" BL and 1" MML (whenever it arrives), if I added a coil spring spacer, will it affact the drive line at all? Are they still safe on the trail and road?
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barker540 View Post
Just a quick question... what are the benefits to adding a set of 3/4" front coil spacers to my front end? Does it really make a big difference and is it worth my time/effort to add them? Because I am fairly new to making my own modifications... are they difficult to add?

If someone has any pictures of them or their jeeps with them in... send them my way, it would be greatly appreciated.
its just for leveling the rake front to rear. there is no benefit other than aesthetics.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You can add spacer front and rear to gain a little height. That's exactly what budget boosts are. I personally don't like any spacers over 1", but that's just an opinion...

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
Barker540

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
You can add spacer front and rear to gain a little height. That's exactly what budget boosts are. I personally don't like any spacers over 1", but that's just an opinion...
Why exactly don't you like anything over 1"? Is it the look? ride quality? safety?
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #7
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I always add 3/4" more up front.RC 3.25" lift with 4" springs up front.Pretty level.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #8
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
x2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barker540 View Post
Why exactly don't you like anything over 1"? Is it the look? ride quality? safety?
for me, its because spacers do nothing for suspension travel - its a bit technical, but....the larger they are, the more they reduce uptravel....you need some place for the spring to compress to, thats one function of the spring tower & bumpstopping...so when adding spacers, you need to add bumpstop extension to give the spring the same amount of space to compress. shock length obviously comes into play as well...but most people aren't smart enough to realize this....and some people who lift their Jeep do it just for looks, and they'll never compress the suspension enough to notice the negative effects.

spacers also do nothing for spring rate...which is usually why people add them to level rake...winch, heavy bumpers, etc...
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I think I need to get a set of .75'' spacers. I just put TnT tube fenders that I had rhinolined on my jeep and now it sits down in the front even before. Im sure my springs have sagged a little too. I also have no rear bumper or armor or tire carrier.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #10
AFjeepMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
x2...

for me, its because spacers do nothing for suspension travel - its a bit technical, but....the larger they are, the more they reduce uptravel....you need some place for the spring to compress to, thats one function of the spring tower & bumpstopping...so when adding spacers, you need to add bumpstop extension to give the spring the same amount of space to compress. shock length obviously comes into play as well...but most people aren't smart enough to realize this....and some people who lift their Jeep do it just for looks, and they'll never compress the suspension enough to notice the negative effects.

spacers also do nothing for spring rate...which is usually why people add them to level rake...winch, heavy bumpers, etc...

When done properly and taking all the "adverse" side affects into account, and adjusting the suspension for them, ie bump stops, longer shocks/BPE's, etc, they can be very beneficial and help tires that clear easily in the rear clear the front as well by giving the additional needed clearance.

And they do not limit travel if you take the shocks into account because the spring will only travel so much and you are not actually shortening the spring to limit up travel, rather just pushing the whole spring down so the path of travel is just lowered relative to the frame by the amount of spacer.

[COLOR="Red"][_l_[COLOR="black"],[/COLOR][____][COLOR="Black"],[/COLOR]
l----L - [COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]lllllll[COLOR="Black"]O[/COLOR]-[/COLOR]
(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

[COLOR="Green"]Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.[/COLOR]

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
AFjeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coil , spacer

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.