2inch zone off road vs a 2.5inch rough country lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2inch zone off road vs a 2.5inch rough country lift

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
4bangersampler
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2inch zone off road vs a 2.5inch rough country lift

I recently picked up a bone stock 97 wrangler with the 4 banger, and I am looking to run 32s and I have been looking at the zone off road lift kit. I have also considered the 2.5 inch rough country lift kit. I am leaning toward the zone off road lift. I am worried the rough country will be too stiff for a daily driver? Will the Zone lift be able to clear 32s?

4bangersampler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 05:03 AM   #2
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The "stiff" issue with rough country is from the 2.2 shocks. You can order it with out shocks and get some nice ones. The RC springs are fantastic in my opinion. I also have a 4cyl and ordered the 6 cyl springs, I got closer to 4 inches of lift from there 3.25 kit. They use the same springs with the 2.5 and 3/25 kits. They just add a spacer to make up the rest with the 3.25. You may consider the 3.25 kit it is more of a complete kit and you can just leave out the spacers. But if you need to level it out front or rear you will have 4-3/4 inch spacers to work with. I can say nothing about the zone kits I have no experience.

Merry Christmas,

AL
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 05:08 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Adjust your bumpstops and you'll be fine.You could always add a BL later on if you want more height.I've installed several RC kits with the 2.2 shocks and they rode fine.The 4 banger springs up front are softer than the 4.0 springs.The Zone lifts are supposed to ride very good.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
tjacobs713
1993 ZJ 

hi, not that it has a whole lot to do with the tj but i have a 4" zone lift on my GC and it rides almost as good stock!! i have wheeled it pretty hard and have had zero problems with the lift componets.. there are several people in my jeep club that also have zone on there tj's (zone/bds is just over an hour from our house so we usually drive and save shippin cost) and they love it too. we have several rc kits in the club too and they usually ride decent too.. i just like the zone a little better. Travis
tjacobs713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
superslayer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I run the RC 2.5" kit with 2.2 shocks and I'm absolutely fine with the ride. If anything it certainly smoothed it out and improved handling considerably, compared to new shocks with 130,000mi original springs.
superslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift advice , lift and tire combination , rough country 2.5 , zone lift kit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.