2800 Idle problem just put power steering in - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2800 Idle problem just put power steering in

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
KoolAidMan888
2000 TJ Wrangler 

2800 Idle problem just put power steering in

Hey guys power steering let go just put it in went to start it to bleed system and it idles at 2900 rpm. tap the gas it goes up and stay for a second then comes back to 2900. I check the vacuum lines and cant find anything wrong.. had a code for the coolent sensor. the one that goes on the thermostat. put a new one in and it still idles at 2900. I can not FIGURE THIS >>>> out, 01 2.5 wrangler. has 167. put in a new crank sensor along with new TPS sensor. i blew all the connections out that i could see with air incase they got wet or oil in them.. i am at a loss.

Any help is appreciated.

KoolAidMan888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
KoolAidMan888
2000 TJ Wrangler 

just clean i IAC and this did not fix my issue either.. Wtf
Unread 01-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Moezer
2014 JK Wrangler 

I don't own a 2.5 nore have had any exp with one.

Try driving the jeep around for a bit tell the new sensors register with your computer or disconnect your battery for 15 mins to 30 mins then try again
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
KoolAidMan888
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i did do that but it did not work...... found it though.. I took the intake tubes off AGAIN..... cleaned the throttle body AGAIN.. was putting it back on. and i see the two manifold bolts just sitting in there holese backed out about to fall out... tighten the hell out of them and Fixed. blahhh wana talk about annoying.

thanks for the input though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.