241OR 2-Low Kit - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 02-06-2014, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
A4LiterV8eater
2006 LJ Wrangler 

241OR 2-Low Kit

http://www.teraflex.biz/tj-wrangler-...roduction.html

Does anyone have any experience with the 241OR 2-low kit? Better yet can someone make a knock-off thats not $276

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 PM
bnine
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. Cheap people suck.
post #3 of 39 Old 02-06-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
A4LiterV8eater
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnine View Post
Wow. Cheap people suck.
I was just joking about making a knock-off, but it appears to just be some peices cut out of plate and a very high price. I think they could still make huge profit if it were $90 and at that price they'd be flying off the shelves.

I wonder how it compares to the stock shifter. It would be awesome if a template could be made to modify the stock shifter to accomplish the same thing.

post #4 of 39 Old 02-06-2014, 06:01 PM
popeyesides

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4LiterV8eater View Post
I was just joking about making a knock-off, but it appears to just be some peices cut out of plate and a very high price. I think they could still make huge profit if it were $90 and at that price they'd be flying off the shelves.

I wonder how it compares to the stock shifter. It would be awesome if a template could be made to modify the stock shifter to accomplish the same thing.
Wow, you just don't understand!!
post #5 of 39 Old 02-06-2014, 09:27 PM
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow. Cheap people suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popeyesides View Post
Wow, you just don't understand!!
You two are being ridiculous, seriously look at that thing, a shifting sector for a 231 goes for about $30 all over the place on the internet. Hell even a brand spanking new one for a 241 from Mopar is $35.

The 231 is a bit of a different story cause you get a new shift fork with it, but still for what it is you're paying quite a bit.

Notice that all the TJ 231, TJ 241, and JK 241 2 low shifters all cost the same price. So obviously it's not like this is a materials cost issue, they're obviously trying to recoup some R&D.

I personally have one, and have installed them in both the 231, and 241. They're slick little units, and they give you exactly what they say they do.

In the 241 I know my 4wd light no longer works in high range, it only works in low range, both 4 and 2 . A slight annoyance, but an annoyance none the less.

It should be noted the difference between shift patterns between the 231 and 241, 2lo and 4 lo switch spots on the two.

I'll go on to say that I would prefer to see a different shift lever inlay or shift lever all together instead of some gimmicky sticker.

If those things don't bother you though, and you are looking for 2wd low range is is probably the least expensive way to get that short of removing a driveshaft. It is plug and play, and the craftsmanship is good.

I can tell you the sector plates are fairly different if you compare TF and stock side by side, so as far as milling your own it might be a bit tough.

A4Liter has it right though, I got mine for $100 to the door, had it been higher and had I not needed to fix a cracked tcase half I would not have even bothered.

-Blake-

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dad's Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:
post #6 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 AM
bnine
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its just a fun gimmick anyways and serves no practical purpose. Of course they would recoup RnD money.

Whats next, you guys think a starbucks coffee should only be 17 cents because it only cost them 11............
post #7 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 10:39 AM
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Its just a fun gimmick anyways and serves no practical purpose. Of course they would recoup RnD money.

Whats next, you guys think a starbucks coffee should only be 17 cents because it only cost them 11............
YES!!!

OT: Useless kit and way over priced.
post #8 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 12:46 PM
T-Mav
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would love too have two low! How hard is it to install in a 231?
post #9 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I would snatch one up in a heartbeat for $100, but not at that ridiculous price.
post #10 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 12:55 PM
JeepnBlake
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mav View Post
If you're doing a SYE at the same time it literally takes 2 minutes.

The biggest deal is you have to pop the back half of the tcase off.

-Blake-

Build Thread:

Dad's Build Thread:

OEM Fog Light Connectors, Conversions, and Extension Info:
post #11 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I've had the ability to run in 2 low in a couple of my previous Jeeps, and I never once had the need to use it...
post #12 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 07:24 PM
T-Mav
1999 TJ Wrangler 

^ Thanks that clears a lot up for me, since you don't need it I guess I also don't need it.
post #13 of 39 Old 02-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I spend 90% of my time on the trail in 2 low and its also shift on the fly. When you need front axle drive you just bump the transfer case shift lever.

I've been using it for over 8 years and it works very well...
post #14 of 39 Old 02-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
http://www.teraflex.biz/tj-wrangler-...roduction.html

Does anyone have any experience with the 241OR 2-low kit? Better yet can someone make a knock-off thats not $276
How come you want this mod?

Quote:
^ Thanks that clears a lot up for me, since you don't need it I guess I also don't need it.
Why do you need it and what would you use it for instead of just using 4 low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
I spend 90% of my time on the trail in 2 low and its also shift on the fly. When you need front axle drive you just bump the transfer case shift lever.

I've been using it for over 8 years and it works very well...
I spend half the time in 2wd, 1/4 in 4 high, and 1/4 in 4 low. There has never been a time when I was in 4 low that I ever wished I was only running 2 low. What's the benefit achieved in 2 low that isnt achieved in 4 low?
post #15 of 39 Old 02-08-2014, 07:56 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Some of you folks need to develop a product, just one that takes more than 3 seconds to copy and then you will figure it out.

Take this one, how many times do you think they had that case in and out of the rig before they were satisfied with it being a viable product? How many prototypes did they build? How many times was the case taken apart, put back together, put in the rig and then tested? How many did they build at a cost of a couple of hundred each and send out for testing before they decided it would work?

You act like that crap is free and it doesn't need to be paid for and then after it is figured out, all the rest of the crap that it takes to get it to market doesn't cost anything either.

You ever have any plating done? Try it sometime. It's a couple of hundred for 10 parts, 1 part, or 100 parts, so to keep your cost per item down, you do the 100. What if the 100 have some flaw, who eats those?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of theirs, but you folks that don't understand the value of what it takes to get something in your hands as a product are way messed up.

According to the way you value stuff, it should sell for 15 bucks because that is all the material is worth.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.