2006 Unlimited TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2006 Unlimited TJ

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 01-31-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
csidoug
2008 JK Wrangler 

2006 Unlimited TJ

Does anyone have one of those new "trail rated" unlimiteds? Just wondering how trail ready they are stock, and how they perform?

Unread 01-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
jkulbeth

To the best of my knowledge, there's hardly any difference between '04 to '06 on Unlimiteds (5 spd turns into a 6 speed, but that's about it). Out of the box, they perform as well as the standard TJ's. I love mine.
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Green Jeep Club Member #119[/COLOR]
jkulbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
DomUnlimited

30" tires, D44 rear. Same approach and departure angles as SWB. The extra length does leave you slightly more likely to high-center. As many say - wheel it stock and then build to suit the driving you want to do. It is very capable as is. I do plan on adding armour underneath (engine/oil pan, steering, diffs, rockers) before I do any serious wheeling.
Unread 01-31-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
csidoug
2008 JK Wrangler 

stock unlimited

I plan on running mine stock for a long time - maybe 31 m/t's when these owls wear out. Don't have much choice when you work for the man

bigger, better tires, some lift to give 'em clearance, is a start. What hurts is one of these jeepers just handed me a quadr**c mag, and my christmas list is booked up till I die.

When I hit the lottery I'll be looking for suggestions on what to mod and what to leave alone.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.