2006 Unlimited rebuild - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2006 Unlimited rebuild

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #91
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Got the other armor plate mounted and one of the sliders so one whole side is DONE. The pictures aren't the best but I was cold and tired at the time so I didn't really care.

imag0563.jpg
imag0566.jpg

Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #92
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice work subscribed!
Also do you have a pic of the 4dr tj in your sig?
Unread 01-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #93
Fropleyqk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks real good dude. You did a great job. Looks like youre going to need some coil spacers up front. My LJ had the same kind of rake.
Fropleyqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #94
mafbowhntr
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks real good
mafbowhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #95
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fropleyqk View Post
Looks real good dude. You did a great job. Looks like youre going to need some coil spacers up front. My LJ had the same kind of rake.
Hopefully I will be getting rid of the budget boost soon and the new lift will solve that problem. Kinda weird though that with all that weight on the back, it is the nose that is doing a dive.
Unread 01-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #96
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Very nice work subscribed!
Also do you have a pic of the 4dr tj in your sig?
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that. We bought it salvaged (just like my LJ). Looks like a tree fell on it (anyone can buy a chainsaw these days ). My dad hasn't decided what direction he is going to go with it with stuff like how much lift (if any) and what color to paint it. It needs a new front end anyways, so he is dead set on putting an AEV highline kit on it. Truthfully I'm not a big fan of the 4-door, but I do think it will look better once he puts 33s and other stuff on it. It really needs half doors on the front since the back doors are half doors (the back doors are custom and are smaller than standard TJ doors). Anyway, enough rambling.

Here it is the day we picked it up.

imag0215.jpg

Top up.

imag0218.jpg

Top down.

imag0217.jpg
Unread 01-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #97
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask that. We bought it salvaged (just like my LJ). Looks like a tree fell on it (anyone can buy a chainsaw these days ). My dad hasn't decided what direction he is going to go with it with stuff like how much lift (if any) and what color to paint it. It needs a new front end anyways, so he is dead set on putting an AEV highline kit on it. Truthfully I'm not a big fan of the 4-door, but I do think it will look better once he puts 33s and other stuff on it. It really needs half doors on the front since the back doors are half doors (the back doors are custom and are smaller than standard TJ doors). Anyway, enough rambling.

Here it is the day we picked it up.

Attachment 185074

Top up.

Attachment 185075

Top down.

Attachment 185076

Ummmm... Im speechless... a 4 door....... Are there 3 rows of seating???

Nice build man......

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Neeco is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #98
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thats pretty neat, I thought maybe he built it as a 4dr but you bought it like that. I think they are prett rare because i only thought there were just a few companys that ever did any tjs like that. but it would look really cool on like 4" lift and 35's or a small lift with the highline he wants and 35's or something
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #99
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, there are 3 rows of seats. 4 bucket seats and a bench seat in the very back. If it were my Jeep (thank god it isn't) I would take the bench seat out of the back and replace the back 2 bucket seats with the bench, and then add a gr8tops bulkhead to the back part so that it would have a large trunk area. Then I would angle the back part of the roll cage like the roll cage like the JK Unlimiteds since you would no longer need protection or seat belts for passengers back there. My dad is only gonna put 33s on it since it is mostly just a daily driver, though I think it would look much better with 35s.
Unread 01-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #100
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Sweet death man. your LJ is so gorgeous. that sucks about the accident but glad it worked out for you. you really really have me wanting to find a wrecked LJ to rebuild. Great work man
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #101
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
Sweet death man. your LJ is so gorgeous. that sucks about the accident but glad it worked out for you. you really really have me wanting to find a wrecked LJ to rebuild. Great work man
Thanks man, I've had like 5 other people pm me about where to find salvaged jeeps
Unread 01-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #102
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Got the other armor plate mounted and one of the sliders so one whole side is DONE. The pictures aren't the best but I was cold and tired at the time so I didn't really care.

Attachment 184926
Attachment 184927
That side shot looks awesome

I think I found what to do to my LJ
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #103
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundless View Post
That side shot looks awesome

I think I found what to do to my LJ
DO IT!!! I made a last minute decision to switch from AEV to MetalCloak and haven't regretted it for a second. They look amazing and the quality is top notch. Yeah, there are other good looking fenders out there with highline clearance, but in terms of price (if you only get the fenders ) and ease of installation they can't be beat IMO. Plus you will have the most unique Jeep in town
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #104
ALLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
www.daveysjeeps.com I purchased one fropm him in october great guy to do business with only down side is I had to drive 12 hours from alabama to pick it up but it was worth the savings
ALLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #105
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! (but please ask before posting pics in other people's build threads) I was originally going to put a gr8tops half top on mine but in the end I just couldn't justify eliminating my back seats. I have passengers back there all the time (college friends and such). I'm sure my friends will enjoy the LJ 'cuz they will have much more leg room than in my TJ.

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.