2006 Unlimited rebuild - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2006 Unlimited rebuild

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 01-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #61
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot magnet View Post
I also rebuilt an Unlimited last year, but I never had a garage door jump out behind me like yours did.
Thanks, I lol'd my *** off at that!

Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #62
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That's nuckin futs that you were run over by your own Jeep and then watched it drive away without you!

And of course the damage HAD to be on the corner you just replaced. Damn the luck. It is looking great though and you and the Jeep have quite a tale to tell. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Unread 01-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #63
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
That's nuckin futs that you were run over by your own Jeep and then watched it drive away without you!

And of course the damage HAD to be on the corner you just replaced. Damn the luck. It is looking great though and you and the Jeep have quite a tale to tell. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Unread 01-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #64
03Jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I hope a quick recovery man, so you can finish this jeep up!

Can't wait to see it with the metalcloaks.
Sienna Pearl Coat Club Member #24
/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

My totaled TJ rebuild
03Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #65
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Jeeper View Post
I hope a quick recovery man, so you can finish this jeep up!

Can't wait to see it with the metalcloaks.
After two weeks I can walk normally on my leg. Unfortunately, I start school again on thursday so I'll be back to working on weekends only, which is why I worked so hard over break trying to get it finished. And I came so close too...
Unread 01-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #66
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

im still in shock that it actually drove over your leg, that is crazy as hell. Do you drink alot of milk? haha.

I was expecting to see the whole back end smashed to pieces in the pictures but it looks very repairable especially from what you started with originally. Can't wait to see some pictures of you driving it man.
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #67
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
im still in shock that it actually drove over your leg, that is crazy as hell. Do you drink alot of milk? haha.

I was expecting to see the whole back end smashed to pieces in the pictures but it looks very repairable especially from what you started with originally. Can't wait to see some pictures of you driving it man.
Thanks. I actually did drive it some after it happened and it drove pretty good. Believe it or not the tail lights were unharmed. Those guards did their job well. Go figure.

Oh, and I made that same joke about milk to the doctor
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #68
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Crappy pic but it gets the point across

Got the body work finished and got it primed today. The quarter panels have once again taken their proper shape! Now it just needs to be sanded and prepped for paint. That probably wont happen till mid next week or next weekend though.

imag0468.jpg
Unread 01-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #69
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Once again a crappy pic, but carrying a camera to that place is just asking for it to get messed up

We fitted the corner armor today to make sure it fit before continuing on. Neither fit like they should, but it's close enough that we can make it work. The biggest worry is getting the holes for the tailgate, tail lights, and gas cap to line up right.

imag0472.jpg

Good news is that the Jeep is scheduled to be painted Tuesday
The accident has only put me about 3 weeks behind schedule. It coulda been worse.

EDIT: Note that you can see the spare garage door (which was replaced 4 years ago) put up temporarily while the door is being shipped here. It was lucky we still had it, because the new door was gonna take a month to get here.
Unread 01-18-2011, 03:11 PM   #70
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Another truck came up that took importance, so the Jeep didn't get painted today. Did get it sanded and washed though, so if nothing else comes up it will be painted tomorrow morning... hopefully.
Unread 01-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #71
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Being painted as I type this. I'll add pictures tonight.
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #72
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

imag0489.jpg
imag0492.jpg
imag0493.jpg

Still need to repair the hard top. I'm probably gonna bedline it once I fix it. That gloss black texture on the hard top would be very hard to match, and I have lots of 3/4 of a raptor liner kit left... problem solved. Its a wonder the back glass didn't break. The hinges and the wiper have big skuff marks on them, but none of them are busted. I guess I'm lucky (if any part of that situation can be considered luck).

imag0499.jpg
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #73
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post

Attachment 181893
Attachment 181894
Attachment 181895

Still need to repair the hard top. I'm probably gonna bedline it once I fix it. That gloss black texture on the hard top would be very hard to match, and I have lots of 3/4 of a raptor liner kit left... problem solved. Its a wonder the back glass didn't break. The hinges and the wiper have big skuff marks on them, but none of them are busted. I guess I'm lucky (if any part of that situation can be considered luck).

Attachment 181896
Hell yeah! Now set the parking brake, remove the keys from the ignition and slowly back away from it.
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #74
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuzz View Post
Hell yeah! Now set the parking brake, remove the keys from the ignition and slowly back away from it.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're hilarious

It wasn't my fault it was in reverse
Unread 01-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #75
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're hilarious

It wasn't my fault it was in reverse
Couldn't resist bro That red looks so nice, can't wait to see all the goodies bolted up.

Tags
nc guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.