2006 Unlimited rebuild - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2006 Unlimited rebuild

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #571
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler_Offroad View Post
You could always get the riddler and grind it down where it would hit. The cover is plenty thick enough to shave it some.
Yeah, but in order for it to clear I would have to shave it down almost to stock thickness, and at that point I would be afraid of grinding through the diff cover. I'm actually thinking of going with a Currie diff cover for the front. It would give me the protection I need on the bottom and the clearance I need on the top. Plus I would get to rock another awesome Currie product.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1274

js-hd44.jpg

Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #572
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremegameroom View Post
Just read through all 38 pages... There went 3 hours.. Haha. Really good read. Amazing build.
Props to you and your pops it looks great.
I'm hoping to get metal cloaks in the next year after I finish up other things on my to-do list that are more important first.

Subscribed
Thanks!

I wouldn't call MetalCloaks unimportant at all. They were one of the first mods I did and to this day it is still #3 on my favorite mods list (coming after my tummy tucker and my *free* rubi axles). I absolutely love these fenders. Yeah, they were pricey, but I would buy them again in a heartbeat if I had too.
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #573
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well, since I won't be going back to Coal Creek untill January 2012, I decided I should go ahead and mount up my 35" BFG Mall Terrains.

Before:

img_20111018_153141.jpg

After:

img_20111018_161945.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the polished aluminum rims, but they look a lot better on there than I expected them too. I still like my Ions WAY better though. I'd rather wear out the Mall Terrains than the MTZs though.

Within the next couple of days I will be giving the Jeep a thorough cleanup inside and out from the last several offroad trips, then I'm gonna throw on the hardtop and full doors. Wheeling season is over for me this year.

Oh, and that second picture I posted has a teaser in it for an upcoming project.
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #574
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep to the left! What do I win?
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #575
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_Sahara_Man View Post
Jeep to the left! What do I win?
The same thing you get from pissing in a dark suit... you get a warm feeling but no one else notices.
Unread 10-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #576
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Small update.

Back when I had my Rough Country lift my Jeep was a total squeak fest. Since replacing everything it has been squeak free... almost. One squeak persisted, and without the 20 other squeaks drowning it out, it was really getting on my nerves. I determined that it was coming from the front end, as I could make it squeak just by kicking the front tires. I crawled up under it, but determined that it wasn't any of the joints on the axle. Well, after tinkering for a good 20 minutes, I finally discovered it is my driver's side motor mount. Not sure why it is squeaking, but a healthy dose of WD-40 shut it right up! I am now totally squeak free!
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #577
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid

The same thing you get from pissing in a dark suit... you get a warm feeling but no one else notices.
Bahaha jeeps coming together real nice. Those rims actually dont look that bad.
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #578
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Why is wheeling season over for you. Snow wheeling is the best. You should just go out to Uwharrie for some good runs and go camping.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:34 AM   #579
tinyjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

rereading your thread has me searching for a lj, hopefully a nice rubi lg in my budget
Unread 10-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #580
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Why is wheeling season over for you. Snow wheeling is the best. You should just go out to Uwharrie for some good runs and go camping.
Snow is rare around here, plus URE is closed from December 15 - April 1. URE is so easy and boring for me it is hard to have a "good run."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyjeep View Post
rereading your thread has me searching for a lj, hopefully a nice rubi lg in my budget
Woohoo, you've seen the light!!!
Unread 10-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #581
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh ok. DIdnt know they closed. Its not about difficulty its about being outdoors and having fun showing off. They also have Badin Lake to camp around and fish. Doesn URE have 4wheeler trails too. You should buy one of those.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #582
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864
Oh ok. DIdnt know they closed. Its not about difficulty its about being outdoors and having fun showing off. They also have Badin Lake to camp around and fish. Doesn URE have 4wheeler trails too. You should buy one of those.
Its not just because they are easy. I have done the trails there so many times that I can almost do them in my sleep. If they had more than like 15 miles of trail that might would be a different story. Camping, fishing, and 4wheeling are not hobbies of mine. The Jeep trails and 4wheeler trails are the same trails at URE.

Sent from my Droid
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #583
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like it! I love the metal cloaks. I was originally wanted the slanted flare ones but i like those hilines now..
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #584
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
I like it! I love the metal cloaks. I was originally wanted the slanted flare ones but i like those hilines now..
Thanks!

I've never really cared for the arched MetalCloaks. I thought they were absolutely atrocious the first time I saw them, but they have grown on me a little bit. I still would never put them on my own Jeep, but they look okay. It was love at first sight with the overlines though. Back when I was rebuilding this Jeep, for months I had been trying to decide between the AEV and Rokmen highlines, then I discovered MetalCloaks on this forum one day, and within a week or two I ordered them. I haven't regretted it even once.
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:13 AM   #585
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Thanks!

I've never really cared for the arched MetalCloaks. I thought they were absolutely atrocious the first time I saw them, but they have grown on me a little bit. I still would never put them on my own Jeep, but they look okay. It was love at first sight with the overlines though. Back when I was rebuilding this Jeep, for months I had been trying to decide between the AEV and Rokmen highlines, then I discovered MetalCloaks on this forum one day, and within a week or two I ordered them. I haven't regretted it even once.
yours are with the fender well and all correct? or just the flare?

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.