2006 Unlimited rebuild - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2006 Unlimited rebuild

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #556
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlrubicon05
It could warp your frame slightly. If your happy with it, you should think about drilling through and fastening it on the other side of the frame with a longer bolt to distribute the load. That along with having a sleeves on the bolts inside the frame.
One of the bolts on each side has a crush sleeve. I can't go all the way through the frame with the other bolt because it would interfere with the upper control arm. When I weld it I will put a gusset on the frame rail that will take the place of the 3rd bolt that is supposed to be up up above where I have the 2 bolts now. I would think that would be stronger than mounting it the way Currie says. But like I said, I don't want to do any welding until I know for sure it wont be moving.

Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #557
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Most of the front axle is done, and most of the way mounted. Hopefully I will finish everything up tomorrow. Saturday is the deadline, so I have 2 days left.

img_20110921_103002.jpg

Thought this was a pretty funny pic of installing the passenger side johnny joint:

img_20110921_172051.jpg

Once I finish installing everything I plan on doing an in depth write-up on the Clayton kits in a new thread.
Unread 09-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #558
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Done.
forumrunner_20110924_114751.jpg   forumrunner_20110924_114827.jpg  
Unread 09-25-2011, 10:51 PM   #559
Sgt_Utz
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're hilarious

It wasn't my fault it was in reverse
No matter what... If I'm going to start it and release the clutch I always wiggle the stick to ensure it's in neutral... Might want to get into this habit too... Strictly safety habit...
Sgt_Utz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #560
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Utz View Post
No matter what... If I'm going to start it and release the clutch I always wiggle the stick to ensure it's in neutral... Might want to get into this habit too... Strictly safety habit...
Ive had that habit for a long time actually. I was a total newb with a straight drive back then.
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #561
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I got kind of lazy with the build thread since finishing my suspension. I took it to URE last weekend to test it out, and tomorrow I'm headed to Coal Creek (Windrock) in Tennessee to REALLY test it out. After I get back I will go in to more detail about the suspension and my thoughts about it's performance.

I was trail leader at URE, so I don't have very many pics of my own Jeep. Here are the few I have, as well as a good zoomed in shot of my suspension as I was coming up a steep ledge. None of them really show off the new suspension, though the last picture shows the lack of control arms/shocks hanging below the axle tube.

Unread 10-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #562
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks good, bud!

We were at SCC Sunday for a soccer game. Nice looking school!
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #563
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDavis
Jeep looks good, bud!

We were at SCC Sunday for a soccer game. Nice looking school!
Thanks, and you should have told me you were at SCC! I live like 2 miles from there!
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #564
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I thought we were playing in Kannapolis until right before we left for some reason, so I wasn't thinking about being in your town. If we go back in the spring, I'll give you a heads up. I'd like to see your Jeep in person if I get the chance!
MCDavis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #565
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Your rig has come a long ways , wish I could have made one of the trips this year . I still havent made it to Uwharrie this season , but at least I have the back yard for fun .
Unread 10-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #566
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from a 3 day wheeling trip at Coal Creek OHV. I had a blast and the new suspension performed excellently. There are a few minor things I need to tweak, but overall I am very pleased with the result. I got some good pictures for TJ of the month too. Here are a few teasers:

img_4934.jpg

img_4951.jpg

img_4952.jpg

img_5002.jpg

img_5013.jpg
Unread 10-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #567
Crawler_Offroad
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I thought this joint on the Currie front track bar was supposed to be offset?
Your LJ kicked *** this past weekend at Coal Creek! That setup is working well.

If you are having problems with that track bar you can swap it out. Let me know what you want to do.

[URL="http://www.shop.crawleroffroad.com"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
[/CENTER]
Crawler_Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #568
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler_Offroad

Your LJ kicked *** this past weekend at Coal Creek! That setup is working well.

If you are having problems with that track bar you can swap it out. Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks!

The track bar works fine with the stock diff cover, but it is close. If I had ordered the Riddler cover from you like I had originally planned I doubt it would clear. Its not the track bars fault though. Because of the Clayton axle brackets I had to adjust my Currie lowers as short as they can go. The arms still need to go a bit shorter to get the pinion angle perfect and to get more clearance for the track bar, but it works the way it is now. Oh well. Looks like I'm getting a Warn diff cover instead.

Sent from my Droid
Unread 10-16-2011, 11:57 PM   #569
Crawler_Offroad
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You could always get the riddler and grind it down where it would hit. The cover is plenty thick enough to shave it some.

[URL="http://www.shop.crawleroffroad.com"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]
[/CENTER]
Crawler_Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #570
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just read through all 38 pages... There went 3 hours.. Haha. Really good read. Amazing build.
Props to you and your pops it looks great.
I'm hoping to get metal cloaks in the next year after I finish up other things on my to-do list that are more important first.

Subscribed
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
nc guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.