2006 Unlimited rebuild - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2006 Unlimited rebuild

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #151
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Just got off the phone with my local 4x4 shop. Got a quote for a complete regear (4.88s), rear e-locker, and a RC 2.5" X-series lift, body lift and motor mount lift install. My dad is good friends with one of the owners so we are getting a good deal on everything. As soon as I get the TJ sold I will have the money to go get all of this installed plus order my tires.
I wonder what would it cost for just labor to regear my Rubicon to 4.88 from stock 4.11

Nikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #152
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikson View Post
I wonder what would it cost for just labor to regear my Rubicon to 4.88 from stock 4.11
Well, they lumped labor and parts cost into one price, so I don't know what they are charging just for labor, but I'm guessing around $400 for a complete overhaul?
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #153
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Well, they lumped labor and parts cost into one price, so I don't know what they are charging just for labor, but I'm guessing around $400 for a complete overhaul?
Everyone charges differently, but I guess about $200-250/axle labor cost is fair enough...
Nikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #154
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So I was sitting in chemistry class today checking out the LJ picture thread on the new JF phone app and got a good idea from it. Can anyone guess what the idea is (hint: it has something to do with a part of this jeep)

imag0626.jpg
imag0624.jpg

Should be pretty easy to figure out if you've checked the LJ pic thread in the last couple days.
Unread 02-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #155
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

ooh i know i know! lol
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #156
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
ooh i know i know! lol
Was there a point to that?

Since nobody has guessed it, I will just say. It is still just an idea, so it probably won't happen just like most of my ideas, but I want to make a custom half-top out of that hard top. I'll cut the top right at the front of the side windows, then make a fiberglass back wall w/ window for it. I'm also gonna try to find some way to make the back glass removable so that when combined with the removable upper portion of the top I can go psuedo-topless. then I will pass the roll cage through the back of the top and fab up a rear cage similar to the jeep below, and finally I will mount the spare tire in the bed area. But like I said, it is just another of my crazy ideas.

phoca_thumb_l_booty_poser2_lg.jpg
Unread 02-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #157
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

the point was that i figured out that you wanted to do a half top but i figured i wouldnt spoil it for others. cool idea btw
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #158
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So I was at Sam's Club today. I was walking by the clearance rack and they had a killer deal on a 10,000 lb winch that I just couldn't pass up. It's a generic china winch, but it has some perks.

1. It was on clearance, so it was WAY cheaper than any winch, even ****tybilt, that can be found online. Even if it turns out to be junk, a couple of pulls and it will have paid for itself.

2. It came with a generic winch plate. It needs to be adapted to work with the Jeep, but it will save me $70 on a winch plate since it came with one.

3. The roller fairlead can be mounted directly to the winch, which will save me $50 on a fairlead mount when I finally get around to ordering a MetalCloak bumper.

So far I am very pleased with this buy considering what I paid for it. It remains to be seen if it will work worth a darn. I'm definately not gonna mount it yet though. The stock coils can't even stand the MetalCloak armor, much less this heavy *** winch.

I will post a review as soon as I have tested it, though that might be a few weeks.

imag0633.jpg
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #159
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

how much was the winch. I think I decided on the Warn M8000

GREAT builds, by the way..... amazing. Ask your Dad if he'll adopt me. I'll be 33 this month and married with 2 kids, but eh.... it'll work.
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #160
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, yeah, i will make sure to ask him that

It was about $270, which is a great deal considering it came with a winch plate.
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #161
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered my lift today (finally). I went with the Rough Country 2.5" X-series suspension system, which includes coil springs, perf 2.2 shocks, adj front track bar, rear track bar bracket, quick disconnects, and a full set of adjustable control arms.

I was originally going to have the lift installed for me, but I have spring break next week so I will have plenty of time to install it myself. I figure if I can put in a front axle by myself, I can install a lift kit. Time will tell if that theory holds true.

And before anyone flames me, I am aware that RC arms are not top of line. Number 1, I can't afford Currie/Rokmen arms. The whole lift is costing me less than just the control arms from those guys. Number 2, they will provide better strength and flex than stock control arms. Number 3, I have a couple stock control arms that are in dire need of replacement. One control arm on the front is bent a little bit, and one of the bushings on one of the rear control arms is completely shot causing a knocking noise.

I'm open to any suggestions/advice on installing my lift.
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #162
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

You won't have any issues with doing the lift yourself...
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #163
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5
You won't have any issues with doing the lift yourself...
Probably so, but Im not too confident in my mechanic skills yet. Good chance to learn though.
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #164
Spikex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would think with a jeep you would get more money selling as parts then rebuilding and selling with a salvage title... Unless someone was looking for a trail rig base..? Anyway nice LJ rebuild.

[I][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Selling a Jeep when you should be fixing it is a hellworthy trespass. You'll end up in a beerless afterlife filled with pavement and Hyundai sport-compacts, and a severe lack of women.[/FONT][/I]
Spikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #165
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikex View Post
I would think with a jeep you would get more money selling as parts then rebuilding and selling with a salvage title... Unless someone was looking for a trail rig base..? Anyway nice LJ rebuild.
Not at all. Parting them out would be a TON of work. Selling them for 1.5x what you have into them is pretty good money. Plus, most of them don't need near as much repair work as this one did. Also, my dad doesn't just do Wranglers. He does a lot of Hondas and Toyotas. In fact, we have a 2008 Civic we just finished up last week. We probably won't be selling it immediately though with the way gas prices are getting.

Tags
nc guys

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.