2006 TJ clunking noise when turning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2006 TJ clunking noise when turning

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
ktmdoc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2006 TJ clunking noise when turning

I think i have narrowed the noise to the lower control arm bushings but when I went to the parts store I discovered that they could only get the replacement arms and not the bushings. They said to contact Jeep to see if the 2006 had replaceable bushings or did I have to buy factory sealed replacements. Thanks

ktmdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
KaptinNemo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check Quadratec.com you will be able to buy bushings, better than OEM, but I dont know if you can buy them individualy.
KaptinNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
bbottabing
1998 TJ Wrangler 

@ktmdoc was that the problem? I'm really going to revive an old thread but what was the noise like?
bbottabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check your sway bar connectors.
Alsohttp://www.moog-suspension-parts.com...s.asp?cat=3060
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Haoleb
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I used to have all sorts of clunking sounds on my tj, I ended up replacing all of the control arms upper and lower along with the track bars front and rear. No more noises now! I purchased all of the parts from amazon, pretty much replaced the entire suspension except the coil springs but the jeep had about 115k on it when I did the work and I think it was definitely due.
Haoleb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tj , wrangler , noise , clunking , knocking , turning , control arm , bushing

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.