2005 X Owners... what did you pay??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2005 X Owners... what did you pay???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 03-01-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2005 X Owners... what did you pay???

Interested to know what you guys paid... anybody get the 3.73 gears? Looks like all of the dealers around me only have the 3.07's.

thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
rissacher
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm getting ready to buy one with the 3.73 axle & Trac-Lock. I'm looking at www.jeepwarehouse.com

They have pretty good prices and they let you custom order anything you want. I gotta ask around if anyone has experience with them though.
rissacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #3
Khaki-TJ

Do yourself a favor and get the sport with a D44. You will thank yourself later.
Khaki-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I currently have a Sport with a D44... I've got 31's and I'm holding at that size even if I get an '05 X. So the D44 really doesn't affect me all that much. Im just considering trading in my '04 Sport for an '05 X....
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
bojeepers
2008 JK Wrangler 

i bought a 2005 X ....6 speed.....4.0...... nov.18
Stone White/Khaki interior

Ecco tire and wheel group
front floor mats
trac-lok differential
3:73 axle ratio
deep tint sunscreen windows
full metal doors with roll-windows
tinted front door glass
air condition
7 speakers including sub woofer
leather wrap steering wheel
speed control
dark khaki soft top
locking fuel filler cap
tow hooks frt and rear

MSRP was 23,640

i paid 20,000 and they installed a set of mud guards......what a bargan !!! hahaha

Last edited by bojeepers; 03-01-2005 at 11:35 PM..
bojeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:26 PM   #6
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm trying to price out the following options:

X Package
Automatic
Full Metal Doors
Ecco Wheels
7 Speaker Package
AC
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Trac-Lok Rear Dif
Deep Tint
Tow Hooks
Locking Gas Cap
3.73's

Cars Direct quotes me $21,964... anyone get theirs for around that?
Unread 03-02-2005, 12:10 AM   #7
Sparty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe
Well, I currently have a Sport with a D44... I've got 31's and I'm holding at that size even if I get an '05 X. So the D44 really doesn't affect me all that much. Im just considering trading in my '04 Sport for an '05 X....

Why trade out the Sport for an X???.....especially with teh 44 alreayd in it, and the work that you put into it

just curious
Unread 03-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #8
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, my setup is about half complete and my payments + insurance since my accident are kicking my ***. I still have about $3k in mods left before I can call it done... I fear I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I'm thinking of selling my current setup and starting over with something less pricey right off the bat and keeping the entire thing relatively modest since she is my DD. Wish I had done it right the first time... but
Unread 03-02-2005, 02:12 AM   #9
Browfurd

I bought my '05 X 12/18/04 for $24k...danged if I can't post any pictures of it yet! I got more than my crappy trade was worth so it was about $19K afterwards...oh yeah it's got the 3.73 axle and Trac-Lock and such.
Browfurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2005, 06:50 AM   #10
Sparty
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe
Well, my setup is about half complete and my payments + insurance since my accident are kicking my ***. I still have about $3k in mods left before I can call it done... I fear I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I'm thinking of selling my current setup and starting over with something less pricey right off the bat and keeping the entire thing relatively modest since she is my DD. Wish I had done it right the first time... but
wow...that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Just for comparrison, when I got my Sport, I shelled out abouir $19,000 (after rebates and talking the guy down) AND....0.0% financing

And that's with all the goodies...D44/3.73/Trak-loc/I-6/5 spd./Cruise/30" tire/Sentry Key/Instatrunk/AC/floormats/and side steps. (no hard top)

And it wasn't something off the lot, this was specially ordered.

Last edited by Sparty; 03-02-2005 at 08:03 PM..
Sparty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2005, 08:49 AM   #11
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, 19k... I paid like $24k for my sport. Good job on talkin' them down. On top of that my APR sucks. That and my full time job just dried up. Now I gotta find a new one. So my back is against the wall.
Unread 03-02-2005, 09:23 AM   #12
bondo303

thejafe,
Seeing how you are in Westchester and I am on Long Island, the prices will be similar due to the region. I know you are looking for 05 prices but just as a reference, I special ordered my X in 02 and paid $19k. I added some options like AC but I did not get a hardtop. The sticker was just under $21k.

48 CJ2A
bondo303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.