2005 jeep tj needs help - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2005 jeep tj needs help

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 09-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #16
Smith
2005 TJ Wrangler 

one thing i did find when i was looking for leaks etc....theres is a knock at the back of the engine ??when i listen underneath , a stethascope the rear cat sounds different from the front one , i cant pin point if its the engine or the cat ,

The last thing i want to do is take it to the stealership, but on a good note i found out that i still have warrenty on it , from the dealer i bought it from

Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #17
basssolow5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

im thinking it might be a o2 sensor itself. intake manifold leaks could also be a problem. im leaning more toward an o2 sensor though.
edit:
Quote:
...but on a good note i found out that i still have warrenty on it , from the dealer i bought it from
go there. see what they can do. if not, a jeep dealer isnt that much more money to fix than other places... and they know what they are doing.
colorado jeep club member #730

stimulating the economy one part at a time!
basssolow5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Mine bogs when accelerating then kicks in. But its done that since day one when new.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #19
cheftrail
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I find this very interesting, I put 300K on a 97 ZJ without any mechanical problems, and now I have almost 70K on a 05 TJ and have had not one problem! Do you think it might be demographical?
cheftrail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
craneman200
2005 TJ Wrangler 

craneman

Hey smith my 05 did same I move my map sensor vacum supply from thottle body to below manifold just tee in and plug other supply.
craneman200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.