2005 advice & pic request ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2005 advice & pic request ...

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wHalloween Savings to die for!

Unread 01-04-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
dirkpitt73
2008 JK Wrangler 

2005 advice & pic request ...

This is my first post, I've been lurking for a couple days. Lots of good info here! I have always admired Wranglers and had them on my list of "someday, that would be fun" things to own. Well, I've recently convinced myself that now is the time and my wife is onboard (surprisingly!). I really want a Rubi and drove an '05 model a couple weeks ago - it was sweet. But my budget needs to keep this thing around $23k max, so the Rubi is out.

So, I've come up with this is an alternative, I'd like to hear opinions from you TJ experts on this setup. Is it a good value, am I making good choices, would I be better off buying some things aftermarket instead or going with a whole different model?

'05 Wrangler Sport
6-speed manual
hard top (not dual)
30" tire & wheel group
floor mats
locking fuel cap

Also, I'm debating among color choices. The 2005 gray flares and top threw me for a loop. I'd really appreciate pictures of 2005's with hard tops in Silver or White. I'm leaning towards Silver/Gray but would like to see it first. There are no pics in the brochure or on Jeep.com. Thanks in advance!

dirkpitt73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
WVZJ
1998 ZJ 

Make sure that 05 has a Dana 44 rear if you plan on wheeling it.
07 Ram 2500 5.9 ctd
WVZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
wkennedy

Well I just got mine last week. I went in wanting to get a 2004 model which listed for around 17. I test drove the 2005 X and we started talking lease....the payments ended up being pretty good for the lease so I went with the 2005 that I test drove. Took it home that night just to be sure and went back the next day to finalize things. If I could do it again I would push for some free add ons. I was just so happy that like you my wife was on board. I just wanted to sign the paperwork before she changed her mind I would def. go with the 7 speaker sound package. It is very nice!! The one thing I didn't get that I want to get now is fog lights, see if they can throw those in. Mine just happened to have the tinted windows on the soft top which is a nice add on as well. I went with the 4 liter Inline 6 which is very nice.

Pics are here:

http://www.kennedykids.net/jeep.htm
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Blue Jeep Club Member #112[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=Blue].__[/COLOR]0[COLOR=Blue]_[/COLOR]0[COLOR=Blue]_[/COLOR]0[COLOR=Blue]_[/COLOR]0
[COLOR=Blue][l_,[____],
l---L -[/COLOR]OlllllllO[COLOR=Blue]-[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)---)_)
Patriot Blue 2005 Jeep Wrangler X
6 Speed 4.0 I-6

http://www.kennedykids.net
wkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #4
got4-Lo

i know a guy sellin a rubi on 35's for 20k, it has 17k on it and its and 03 send me a pm, o yea do u read clive cussler books? dirkpitt?? great author

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #5
got4-Lo

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #6
TJRubicon

If you can wheel and deal with the dealership, you might be able to get that Rubicon. I paid 24,800 for my 04 in Febuary 2004. Almost 1000 bucks less than advertised. Just a thought, it worked for me.

Welcome aboard and to your new addiction......it will be sooner or later
BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #128
TJRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2005, 04:41 AM   #7
jeeptoplesstx

Yeah I think after rebates and stuff mine was at 23500 before taxes and all that...if you want the rubi wait and get the rubi...it is well worth it...and I wouldnt get a white top of anytype...get full doors...and go with the softop if you are only getting one top...that alone will save you a grand...and make sure it has a Dana 44 rear end...Other than that some nice things to have are foglights, seven speakers, and the tinted windows in the back...
Unread 01-05-2005, 06:18 AM   #8
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Here is a pic of mine if it helps. Brand new 04 leftover Silver/Gray
Paid 18900 for it last saturday.
img_0020.jpg  
Unread 01-05-2005, 06:23 AM   #9
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Here is another that shows the color better
img_0024.jpg  
Unread 01-05-2005, 07:45 AM   #10
Cross Eyed

I think you should be able to get in a sport for that amount pretty easily.

I just purchased an 05 sport with 6 speed, dana 44 rear, 4 wheel disc brakes and some other goodies, it stickered for 25155 before all the discounts, miscounts and other rebates.

I don't have pictures and mine is the orange, but I hope this helps.

Chris
Cross Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #11
neosheer

Got this for about 24K hehehe Dealer forgot to add in the wheels, rims and lift which was bout 3K

Its Wrangler X, 05' 6spd

neosheer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #12
jcook793
Hi Mom

2000 TJ Wrangler 

You might look for an '04 Rubicon leftover that they want to deal on or a used one. It's a hell of a lot of Jeep for the money.

But yeah, like everyone says, get the Dana 44 rear axle for sure.
jcook793 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.