2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #901
Peterpsc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Have we confirmed the new batch of OPDAs have not been modified in some way (improved)? According to my local dealer, the part number for the OPDA has changed although I don't know if that alone indicates a modification in the part (OPDA).

Peterpsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #902
meatlord
Animals taste good

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Mine ships tomorrow, Ill post some pics when I get it. I will also be modding it.
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #903
tkki1230
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willydigger View Post
For those of you who have done the FogMOD, have you used any grease besides the Aeroshell? If so do you have any comments on the outcome?
I've run Mobil 222 xhp special, and Mobil 28. The 222 is like the Aeroshell, where the shaft discolored. The 28 is a higher temp grease, but no moly. That one seems to be okay-it has a much higher temp range. There was no reason behind running those 2 greases. I ran them because they were are what we use in our shop in our machinery.
tkki1230 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #904
pumpman55
2006 TJ Wrangler 

after i removed the opda i removed the cap from the side and noticed it is not grease it is fiber with oil in it. is the oil suppose to be aborbed into the bushing from the outside diameter of the bushing?
pumpman55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #905
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

This was while you were doing the FOGMod, right? Wasn’t the top bushing dry on the inside surface? How the lubricant is supposed to get from the reservoir to the inside is the great mystery. From willydigger’s first post you can see that it is normally dry & hard grease. Various greases have been tried & I don’t think there has been a clear winner. dproctor0715 is trying oil. At this point I think anything beats the factory setup.

Lope tried removing the seal. Not sure what the final results are. Of course with the FOGMod you want the seal in place.
Rubi4MyMrs is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #906
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So no change to the new batch of OPDAs huh? Well it's up to Crown I guess, hope they come through!! Can't believe they increased the price that much....should be illegal
Unread 03-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #907
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just received an email from dodge-wholesale saying the OPDA was in stock at $253.12. I sent an email asking about differences. I'm not certain they are the same, but if they were different I think he would have mentioned it. I'm not very optimistic.
Unread 03-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #908
anderson5290
1998 XJ Cherokee 

so i know for sure that the opdas that are back ordered are still the same 53010624ac mine has about 7 miles on it so its brand new
anderson5290 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #909
TJXTWO

I just got an e-mail from dodge wholesale as well saying the opda was in. I called and left a message for them to call me. Hopefully I will get a call back tommorow.
03 TJ Sport, 4.5" RE SuperFlex short arm lift, Tereflfex ST swaybar, 33" MTR's, Body Armor bumpers @ sliders, 5 speed manual... 06 TJ Rubicon, 4.5" RE long arm lift, Currie Antirock front and rear , OR Fab bumpers @ sliders, K@N intake, custom exhaust, 1" BL , 1" motor mount lift, 35" MTR's on Pro Comp Alloys, 6 speed manual.
TJXTWO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #910
ff33
2006 LJ Wrangler 

^^ got my email today too, guy I talked to on the phone said they still haven't received them but they should be arriving in the next couple of days and then they will ship them out. Also if you ordered before the gasket starting coming with them just ask them about it and they will make sure it is included.
Unread 03-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #911
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

From Dodge-wholesale when asking about any changes. I also asked him to take a photo. See below.
Quote:
Nothing I can see that they did any changes on it. Same part #, only thing seemed to change was the cost
dodgewsopda253.jpg  
Unread 03-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #912
TJXTWO

I can't seem to get through on the phone, and they have not returned my call from yesterday. I am going to try and respond to them via return e-mail and ask them to ship the part. Anyone else use a return e-mail to order the part?

Edit: Nevermind, got through on the phone finally...
03 TJ Sport, 4.5" RE SuperFlex short arm lift, Tereflfex ST swaybar, 33" MTR's, Body Armor bumpers @ sliders, 5 speed manual... 06 TJ Rubicon, 4.5" RE long arm lift, Currie Antirock front and rear , OR Fab bumpers @ sliders, K@N intake, custom exhaust, 1" BL , 1" motor mount lift, 35" MTR's on Pro Comp Alloys, 6 speed manual.
TJXTWO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #913
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Same FAIL part
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #914
PA_LJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

30k miles and I've got th laughing monkey as of 2 hours ago....
PA_LJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #915
rottenrobert
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi4MyMrs View Post
This was while you were doing the FOGMod, right? Wasn’t the top bushing dry on the inside surface? How the lubricant is supposed to get from the reservoir to the inside is the great mystery. From willydigger’s first post you can see that it is normally dry & hard grease. Various greases have been tried & I don’t think there has been a clear winner. dproctor0715 is trying oil. At this point I think anything beats the factory setup.

Lope tried removing the seal. Not sure what the final results are. Of course with the FOGMod you want the seal in place.
When my brother and I did the FOGMOD to mine it had oil all the way up the shaft. Past the seal and even reaching the target wheel. It spun free in housing too. BUT there was scorching on the shaft for the lower bushing. So we used a grinding wheel on the thrust washer. So now hopefully more oil gets to the lower bushing.
rottenrobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.