2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure - Page 263 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #3931
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
It's not if, it's when the part(s) will fail
While not agreeing with other opinions being posted, I don't think that this has actually been established (unless you mean that all parts will ultimately fail).

Unread 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #3932
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon17 View Post
just stfu already, you have grill inserts, a optima battery and a ****ty high amp alt. what do you know? we need a mod to clean this mess up and then ban the post whore.
Sounds like your really jealous. Sorry about that. My alt is much better than your little wimpy *** 117 amp. Your alt don't even put out 117 unless its under a max load idoit. Mine puts out 100 amps just at idle. Go get your mom to give you a head job lol.
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #3933
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

With your rubican't.
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #3934
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Unread 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #3935
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

LMAO its the truth today in this world.
sebastian-maniscalco-whats-wrong-people.jpg  
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #3936
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You really spent $400 on an alternator? A $30 160A Durango alternator wouldn't pump out enough juice to play your phat beatz loud enough to get da gurlz?
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #3937
bedtime
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
While not agreeing with other opinions being posted, I don't think that this has actually been established (unless you mean that all parts will ultimately fail).
It seems well established that there are batches of problematic OPDAs that have been installed in certain motors. Hence some non-effected some effected.

Again, this is similar to the notorious snap-ring issue certain Acura NSXs had. There, as a part would be produced, the first would be good, but each successive part would be increasingly prone to fail, until the line was retooled for the next batch, and the process would begin again. It was known which trans numbers were effected, some never had problems, many did, but all were/are suspect.

I suspect if Chrysler wanted to they could ascertain which batches of OPDAs went into which series of motors.
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #3938
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
You really spent $400 on an alternator? A $30 160A Durango alternator wouldn't pump out enough juice to play your phat beatz loud enough to get da gurlz?
lol. Who said I was trying to play phat bass or getting girls. Face it Jeep electrical systems suck always have and always will. In fact it should be against the law to build the 2012/2013 Jeep Jk's because they stink so bad. I like my music loud and clear but, there's more to music than just bass like you assume. Mids and highs are equally important because if that isn't right your bass will sound horrible and muddy. Again it seems to me people are jealous its okay everyone is jealous to some degree. Well the 160A is good but, to me I like my 220A better.
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #3939
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
It seems well established that there are batches of problematic OPDAs that have been installed in certain motors. Hence some non-effected some effected.

Again, this is similar to the notorious snap-ring issue certain Acura NSXs had. There, as a part would be produced, the first would be good, but each successive part would be increasingly prone to fail, until the line was retooled for the next batch, and the process would begin again. It was known which trans numbers were effected, some never had problems, many did, but all were/are suspect.

I suspect if Chrysler wanted to they could ascertain which batches of OPDAs went into which series of motors.
I agree with you I feel that some were probably affected but, to say like others have said everyone has this problem is a blanket statement to say the least. Thats whats so bad about these forums sometimes one guy has a problem and everyone and their brother assumes they do too. I guarantee if this had not been exposed like it has half these people wouldn't know it and woudn't have this problem at all.
Unread 11-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #3940
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
lol. Who said I was trying to play phat bass or getting girls. Face it Jeep electrical systems suck always have and always will. In fact it should be against the law to build the 2012/2013 Jeep Jk's because they stink so bad. I like my music loud and clear but, there's more to music than just bass like you assume. Mids and highs are equally important because if that isn't right your bass will sound horrible and muddy. Again it seems to me people are jealous its okay everyone is jealous to some degree. Well the 160A is good but, to me I like my 220A better.
Assume? Jealous? I've hand built alts for LS motors that put out twice what your $400 investment does.

Thanks for the lesson on Mids and Highs too, it's been awhile since someone with an Optima under the hood tried to talk to me about car audio.
Unread 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #3941
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05
Yea I mean what if you do all this work and by doing that it fails? You did all that for nothing. If its going to happen its going to happen. All you can do is take care of something and the rest is out of your hands. Trying to stop an act of god from happening is retarded.
As stated above, pulling, inspecting, and replacing the OPDA is easier than changing plugs. And for the record, I, for one, would have avoided having to replace my cam had I know about this issue prior to my OPDA failure. Modifying the OPDA is relatively straight forward and either just pulling to inspect or even modifying it according to the advice here cannot cause it to fail.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #3942
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Oh boy....the moron is back.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #3943
4x4Brit

Don't answer him, report the posts and maybe a mod can clean this garbage up.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #3944
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That's about enough keyboard cowboy garbage for now.

It a TJ mod wishes to do a mop-up, feel free to.

/closed.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #3945
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
That's about enough keyboard cowboy garbage for now.

It a TJ mod wishes to do a mop-up, feel free to.

/closed.
Thanks Joe. The thread has been reopened after actions were taken to stop a major cause of recent problems here.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.