2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure - Page 173 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #2581
efm-7
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanuck View Post
What should I use to lube the shaft ?
KY? Just kidding! I would use Aeroshell 33MS. I'm in Ontario as well, I ordered it from a shop called "Aircraft spruce" and they were very fast.

efm-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #2582
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_Reaper
Hey guys,

So my Jeep started to have the "laughing monkey" squeak yesterday, I guess due to extremely cold weather (-30 C). I contacted my local dealership and it will be 3 business day before I can get the part (next Thursday because of new year). The thing is I can't afford not going to work. Is there a way to "band-aid" that until I get the new part installed? or I am playing with fire here?

Sorry if this is a noob question! Appreciate any help
Absolute fire! Can you rent or borrow a car for a few days? Try the link in my sig and others to see if you can get it overnighted? Something other than even starting it... Whatever it costs, it'll be cheaper than a top end rebuild. I even have one with only slight wear on the gear that I would overnight to you this afternoon if you want.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #2583
efm-7
2013 JK Wrangler 

DarK_Reaper, where in Quebec are you? -30 sounds like you might be close by haha.
If you're in Gatineau, I might be able to get my old OPDA to you. It's got a really bad gear though. I wouldn't want to put your cam through the same fate as mine.
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #2584
DarK_Reaper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for you help!

Could you PM me the price with overnight shipping? The only thing though is that I'm from Canada, so it will probably be super expansive
DarK_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #2585
DarK_Reaper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by efm-7 View Post
DarK_Reaper, where in Quebec are you? -30 sounds like you might be close by haha.
If you're in Gatineau, I might be able to get my old OPDA to you. It's got a really bad gear though. I wouldn't want to put your cam through the same fate as mine.
Yeah, I'm from Gatineau haha!

Maybe I could use the parts of yours and mix and match until I get mine.. You got a PM!
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #2586
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This community is awesome.
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #2587
DarK_Reaper
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I just removed mine. The gear was fine. But the bushing was so tight on the shaft that I could barely move it by hand. After some lube, it's moving freely now.
I will still order a new one, but I guess I'll be able to go to work until the new OPDA comes in.

I would really like to thank EFM-7 for proposing his old OPDA, but I should be good for 2-3 days
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #2588
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

how many miles are on your jeep darkreaper?
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #2589
DarK_Reaper
2013 JK Wrangler 

83 000 km... so around 50 000 miles
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #2590
efm-7
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarK_Reaper View Post
I would really like to thank EFM-7 for proposing his old OPDA, but I should be good for 2-3 days
No problem good to hear you got it "working" again.

Good thing your gear isn't bad, seems like the previous owner of mine was oblivious to this I was quoted about 7.5h shop time + parts for the cam replacement.

Anyone know a good place for me to shop for a cam and lifters? This is big enough that I can justify picking it up from the US.
Unread 12-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #2591
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by efm-7

No problem good to hear you got it "working" again.

Good thing your gear isn't bad, seems like the previous owner of mine was oblivious to this I was quoted about 7.5h shop time + parts for the cam replacement.

Anyone know a good place for me to shop for a cam and lifters? This is big enough that I can justify picking it up from the US.
Stick with OEM. I point out the link in my sig so often, I think they should pay me a kick-back. They're super friendly, easy to deal with, and give us "jeep club" members the best prices I could find anywhere. They are a dealer in Florida an were less expensive than anywhere else even before the extra discount. Pm if you'd like me to send you a list of parts including part numbers and pre-discount prices for the whole job.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #2592
Doty152
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So I just pulled mine to re align to get rid of p0016 code after pulling it the last time. It won't start now.
But it do.

Alcohol may be mans worst enemy, but the Bible says to love your enemy.

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Doty152 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #2593
ChaseB
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doty152 View Post
So I just pulled mine to re align to get rid of p0016 code after pulling it the last time. It won't start now.
You're way off then, did you mark it?
Unread 12-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #2594
Doty152
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB View Post
You're way off then, did you mark it?
Yes, I marked it exactly like in the video. Any way I can get it back in spec, or how much would a shop charge?
But it do.

Alcohol may be mans worst enemy, but the Bible says to love your enemy.

┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Doty152 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #2595
Heath
2014 JK Wrangler 

If it ran and you got a code, it didn't need to come out, it needed to be adjusted a touch. If you moved it a tooth, then it's a mile off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.