2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure - Page 162 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2005-06 Jeep OPDA_CPS_Distributor Failure

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #2416
efm-7
2013 JK Wrangler 

Before I seal up the holes, What exactly is the one on the bottom of the cup for? Actually, there's two, I know that the tall hole is for the alignment pin, but what about the other hole? I'd hate to plug it up with something irreversible and then find out it has diagnostic uses :P

efm-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #2417
dproctor0715
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by efm-7 View Post
Before I seal up the holes, What exactly is the one on the bottom of the cup for? Actually, there's two, I know that the tall hole is for the alignment pin, but what about the other hole? I'd hate to plug it up with something irreversible and then find out it has diagnostic uses :P
Yes, one's for the alignment pin as you say, and the other is so your oil leaks out

I threaded both holes and pluged w/machine screws, added a little black rtv under and over screw heads for extra insurance. They don't leak. And I can remove them if need be.

Have fun with it
dproctor0715 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #2418
mhopton
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to pulling my OPDA this afternoon after reading this thread a couple of times. Jeep is an 06 LJ Rubi with 26k on the clock. I'll let the pics speak for themselves:

image-1412389138.jpg

image-482354559.jpg

image-28375441.jpg

image-2920772694.jpg

The gear is def showing wear; however, the gear turned smoothly and the shaft was coated with oil. Looks to me like a new one with the FogMod is in order - what say ye'?
mhopton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #2419
jutgin
2013 JK Wrangler 

^ I know I felt a lot better after a new one in there and I'm sure you would too.
jutgin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #2420
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhopton
Finally got around to pulling my OPDA this afternoon after reading this thread a couple of times. Jeep is an 06 LJ Rubi with 26k on the clock.

The gear is def showing wear; however, the gear turned smoothly and the shaft was coated with oil. Looks to me like a new one with the FogMod is in order - what say ye'?
I'd FOGMod the current one, re-install it, and have a spare on hand for backup. I don't think a new one would slow wear of the cam gear, but I've been part of that same discussion before.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #2421
rubicon17
2012 JK Wrangler 

seems like normal wear to me
Unread 12-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #2422
Tjpro1990
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know where I can buy a new opda? And how much they would cost?
Tjpro1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #2423
flying_bosun
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjpro1990
Link in my sig, about $120. Be sure to call an mention The Jeep Club discount.
[URL="http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Gear-Calculator[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp"][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Stu Can Help You[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.berrysprinter.com/jeepparts.php"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Part Names and Numbers[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.wholesalemopar.com/"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Dealer Supplied Parts and ask for "Jeep Club" Prices[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[QUOTE=Ron Paul]“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]"Did [I]you[/I] exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"[/SIZE][/CENTER]
flying_bosun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #2424
jutgin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjpro1990 View Post
Go back to the very first page of this thread and the link is on there. I just bought one for 136 shipped.
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #2425
MK116V
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I bought one at the dealer for $175.

Anyone have any advice for getting the clamp bolt off? I've been trying a 6 point 1/2" combination wrench with no luck. Wrench keeps slipping off. I've be spraying it with PB Blaster. Any advice would be appreciated.
MK116V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #2426
mhopton
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK116V View Post

Anyone have any advice for getting the clamp bolt off? I've been trying a 6 point 1/2" combination wrench with no luck. Wrench keeps slipping off. I've be spraying it with PB Blaster. Any advice would be appreciated.
I used a 1/2" gear wrench and some PB Blaster. It was a tight mofo, but it eventually broke free. PB Blaster was the key.
mhopton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #2427
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK116V View Post

Probably the hardest part of the whole job. I use my motor mount as leverage to slowly torque it loose. Get a firm seat on the bolt and slow steady pressure.
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #2428
jkp
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I believe some have used a distributor wrench as well.
Unread 12-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #2429
jutgin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey willydigger, are you interested in my old OPDA? I can ship it to you if you wanna use it for research or something.
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:53 AM   #2430
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutgin View Post
Hey willydigger, are you interested in my old OPDA? I can ship it to you if you wanna use it for research or something.
I'll take it if you're going to throw is out.

I don't know what I'll do with it. I do enjoy looking at used one's though. Most of the FogMod's I've done recently are with new units so you don't learn much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.