2004 Wrangler Sport 6cyl P0135 & P0432 error codes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2004 Wrangler Sport 6cyl P0135 & P0432 error codes

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Vertabreaker

2004 Wrangler Sport 6cyl P0135 & P0432 error codes

Hey everyone, I've been searching for an answer and I've come across this forum before so I figured it was time to join. Unfortunately these error codes are the reason I was finally forced to join

I have a 2004 Wrangler Sport 6 cyl with 112k+ miles on it and the check engine light came on. I had the codes read and I got

P0135 O2 sensor bank1 sensor1

as well as

P0432

which says The O2 sensors monitor the Cat converter

A buddy of mine mentioned that the cat error was due to a bad O2 sensor. So my question is, is that possible? and if so, will both issues be fixed if I just replace the O2 sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Vertabreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It is possible that the cat code is due to o2 sensor, but doubtful that just replacing the 1/1 sensor will resolve all your codes.

I would check the flange bolts between yon exhaust manifold and the down pipes first.

If p0135 code is 1/1 sensor, I'm pretty sure p0432 is bank 2 cat. So you likely need to look at the entire system (ie, more than just the 1/1 sensor, likely the 2/2 as well) one way or another, that is if you don't just have loose flanges. Good luck, I have some experience with this on my same year model as you, if you have any questions.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Vertabreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
It is possible that the cat code is due to o2 sensor, but doubtful that just replacing the 1/1 sensor will resolve all your codes.

I would check the flange bolts between yon exhaust manifold and the down pipes first.

If p0135 code is 1/1 sensor, I'm pretty sure p0432 is bank 2 cat. So you likely need to look at the entire system (ie, more than just the 1/1 sensor, likely the 2/2 as well) one way or another, that is if you don't just have loose flanges. Good luck, I have some experience with this on my same year model as you, if you have any questions.
Dude, thank you so much for the advice. I'll have time tomorrow to take a better look at things. I'm not a huge Jeep person until lately so I'm trying to learn and do all this stuff on my own. I will definitely hit you up if I have other questions.
Vertabreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertabreaker

Dude, thank you so much for the advice. I'll have time tomorrow to take a better look at things. I'm not a huge Jeep person until lately so I'm trying to learn and do all this stuff on my own. I will definitely hit you up if I have other questions.
Its all good. You'll have to get under it to check the flange bolts, and a wobbly head socket would be nice for one of them, but certainly not necessary, a regular extension can get you there. I am hopeful and also suspect because of the both bank errors at same time, that its just loose bolts. Best wishes, let us know how you come along.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.