2004 TJ Sport Oxygen Sensor? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2004 TJ Sport Oxygen Sensor?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 03-29-2011, 04:17 AM   #16
Night Wolf
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon22 View Post
Currently I have approximately 129,000 miles, and my gas mileage has decreased to around 10mpg even thou I shift at 1250rpm. I dont know the reason but mpg dramatically increased when I cleaned the throttle body and is now around 15mpg. Occuasionly the check engine light will come on, and I receive the codes P0159 P0153. I dont know if it is normal or not but, it at rpms above 2500 the engine sounds rough. For whatever reason, when it rains the engine smooths out. A buddy has a 97 TJ Sport and he says his does the same. Is this normal? If not I was thinking it might be the belt.
Please explain your logic on this...

-1987 BMW 528e 5spd e28 - personal Panzer for the daily driven battlefield, just broken in at 300k

-1990 BMW 325i Convertible 5spd e30 - extensive overhaul in progress

-2005 TJ Sport - stuff
Night Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #17
Chuck59
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I don't know but am just asking, does an 04 Wrangler have downstream O2 sensors? I thought downstream sensors on Wranglers began in 2005?

I agree with others on NO Bosh sensors. I have seen them go bad within weeks of install.
Chuck59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #18
bthompson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck59 View Post
I don't know but am just asking, does an 04 Wrangler have downstream O2 sensors? I thought downstream sensors on Wranglers began in 2005?
My 02 TJ has both upstream and downstream, so I'd expect that an 04 would as well.
bthompson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

All TJ's have upstream and downstream O2 sensors...

Tags
bosch auto parts , fuel economy , oxygen sensor , repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.