2004 California TJ idle speed fluctuates - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
hobigusn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

2004 California TJ idle speed fluctuates

My 2004 tj has an intermittent problem. At idle the rpm fluctuates. It will drop to 1 1/4 dot on the tach (400-450rpm I think). It will stay that low until you tap the gas. Idle speed goes to about normal rpm but flucuates by a needle width. I've been chasing this problem for awhile. I found a piece of metal (wire rope strand about 1 inch long) stuck to my crankshaft sensor. I remove it and replaced the sensor because I already bought one. Before changing Crankshaft sensor the jeep would stall in stop and go traffic. Now it doesn't stall but it doesn't have a smooth or steady idle. I've done a tune up, camshaft sensor, speed sensor, idle air controll module, map sensor, throttle postion sensor and up stream O2 sensors. Any idles?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-28-2011, 05:02 PM
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

When you replace all of those items did you give the throttle body a good cleaning?I mean like taking it off the intake manifold?Check all you vacuum hoses and fittings for looseness,cracking,etc.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-28-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
hobigusn
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
When you replace all of those items did you give the throttle body a good cleaning?I mean like taking it off the intake manifold?Check all you vacuum hoses and fittings for looseness,cracking,etc.
I cleaned the throttle body really good. But idk about the vacuum hoses. Where are they and what are they attached to? I did't think fuel injection had vacuum hoses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.