Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2003 Unrolled (pics)

204K views 693 replies 185 participants last post by  PanzerTank 
#1 ·
I always like to see builds so here my recent build. I bought this 2003 4.0 Auto on October 23, 2007. It slid off a trail backward then rolled several times in Yucca Valley in July 2007. The only body part that was not damaged was the cowl A-pillar panels. Everything else was bent or damaged. This project is for my 15 year old son. I have tried to repair as much as I could and keep the cost to a minimum.

This is how I found it:

It would not start (found only a fuse was blown and it started right up

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Lots a work on the rear tub to get it ready fro some PSC Corner Crusher (they hid a lot of the damage.) I used my forklift and BFH to shift straighten the tub.

I used a weld on stud slide hammer to pull most of the rear quarter damage

I Herculinered the interior and found a new soft top with tinted windows (I really like the tinted windows!) I had some Bestop seats from my 2000 TJ DD

Got a Procomp Bumper and PSC Corner Crushers on

#5 · (Edited)
Installed an Rugged Ridage Mega Short SYE. Easier than I thought it would be. The downside with this type is has to be programmed for your tire size if the don't conformed to it's set program. I used a front drive shaft and had it cut down in anticipation of the RE SF3.5 lift.

Drivelines, Inc DS in one day

RE SF 3.5 Lift, OME Shocks and BFG 33" MTs

#8 ·
Can I send my Jeep over to you?

Looks great! Keep up the good work

#10 ·
Thanks! The frame was shifted 1/4" to the left at the B-pillar. I tied it down to the slab and pull it back with the forklift. Both axles were toasted and a found a D30/D44 combo with 4.56s. I got the Lock Right today and will install tomorrow night. I haven't decide on which locker for the rear yet. It will either be ARB or OX (the most expensive parts of the unroll.)

#12 ·
Last night I painted the fender and hood. This morning I color sanded and polished the hood. It needs a little more work but for now it shines

Got a rocking deal on the full hard doors! Can't decide if I should leave them black or paint them? What do you think?

#17 ·
Hey provelogear,

Man what you can do with these rigs are amazing. Your knowledge is endless can't wait till I can do something like that with my rig.

I might need your help again with my jeep. I can't get the bolt out to replace my front diff seal remember it was leaking when we did the MML. And yes I did replace the serpentine belt, but it squeals now. Don't now if I have it too tight or too loose

Kevin

#20 ·
Since this is a Budget Rebuild, I thought I share this tip. All of the painting has been done with rattle cans. Lots of coats and smooth sanding between coats. Then sanding it flat and polishing with a 8" polisher with a two step compound. Finally wax will be applied in a couple of days after it has dried hard.

#21 ·
hoyl hell cant believe that is a sprayjob. Good work!

#24 ·
HTOR said:
hoyl hell cant believe that is a sprayjob. Good work!
I use construction lights as my heat lamps and 1000grit wet between coats. The 1500grit before I use the polisher. I could have just clear coated and been done with it but I had to prove it to some of my staff that it can be done!

I easliy could have setup my air gun but I thought it would fun to do it with rattle cans. Just to say I did.:cheers2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.