2003 Unrolled (pics) - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2003 Unrolled (pics)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #226
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

LOL!

Along with the stretched corners Genright made a gas tank that is 5" more narrow front to back so the axle can move back. I have only had one hard hit since putting the new tank on because the rear wheels are further back giving me a better departure angle. Ideally, it would better to put the tank somewhere else but since I still my little ones that still love to go wheeling it will have to wait till they don't want to go any more. Hope that doesn't happen!

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #227
RVA_TJ06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97casteeltj View Post
awwwwwwww, now i get it!!!!!!

the stretch kit doesn't stretch your tub just the wheel openings!! man i'm a loser!
agreed...

Just kidding around.. there are new things to learn here everyday.

Knowing is half the battle!

Unread 02-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #228
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Haven't updated lately.

Changed the Champion beadlocks to Walker Evans to gain a little more back spacing. The tires no longer rub the rear coil overs. The red label BFG Krawlers are fantastic in the rocks! Trimmed the aluminum corners to fit 39s. Replaced most of the PSC steering components that Blaine recommended.

Had a fun weekend at Johnson Valley this past President Weekend. Rain had bookended the weekend but we had fantastic cool weather. No DUST!

Flexing and nothing hits or rubs!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #229
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Who is that guy behind the jeep? The Running Man? Go Arnie!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #230
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

Your jeep is looking great Gerald! Whats up next on the list of things to do?
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
ScottHarr_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #231
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarr_TJ View Post
Your jeep is looking great Gerald! Whats up next on the list of things to do?
Thanks!

High line hood and front fenders so I can put he 39s on. I'll wait till after the wheeling season and start in the summer.

I have another LJ coming as well so that will keep me busy.

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 02-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #232
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wish that i had about 10% of the know how that you do, and all that space and your getting another jeep. Its hard enough to get money together to keep building my 99 tj up. Great work on the jeep, im sure that your son is bummed that he didnt get it. At least he got a LJ

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #233
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixiesCJ3B View Post
I wish that i had about 10% of the know how that you do, and all that space and your getting another jeep. Its hard enough to get money together to keep building my 99 tj up. Great work on the jeep, im sure that your son is bummed that he didnt get it. At least he got a LJ
Yeah, he wanted the stick! Funny part is my 13 yo daughter wants a Jeep so I found one for her. So I get to play with her's for a couple of years!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 02-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #234
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Finally got the PSC ram assist cylinder in. What a difference it makes in the rocks. The best thing is you just turn your front locker on and you don't have to worry about turning.

I still have to weld some type of protection underneath the ram and I'm going to make new hoses that route differently.

Yesterday Jon and I ran Wrecking Ball and Sledge Hammer in just under two hours. However, it took us longer to find WB after completing Sledge that it did to run it!

Here is the PSC ram:

Here is a slide show of our day:
http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...view=slideshow

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 03-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #235
cbmadcow
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Provelogear,

You probably don't remember me, but you help me over a year ago with my Jeep TJ installing a MML and some diff seals.
I finally picked up another Jeep to have some fun with, hope we can go offroading sometime in the future. Your progress with your Jeep is just amazing!!.

Here is a pick of what I picked up stats are posted in my profile.

Unread 03-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #236
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Hey Kevin,

Good to see you got another Jeep. I'll be out at JV the end of the month. The new Jeep looks great! Hope to see you soon.

Gerald

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 03-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #237
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Calico Gatekeeper

Friday we went to Calico to help clean up the trails. There was a good crew from myjeeprocks and we fill up 3 pickups full of trash.

So my history with Gatekeeper has not been good and Friday was more of the same. Broke a U-joint but quickly fixed and crawled right up it. But, going down was way more fun!

Going down Gatekeeper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPtZaCrOOsQ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Last edited by Savvy; 03-30-2009 at 08:48 PM..
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #238
BomberJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Who is that guy behind the jeep? The Running Man? Go Arnie!
GET TO TE WRANGLAH

Dude the Jeep is looking awesome

Never get between a man and his Jeep - Stacey David.

03 Jeep TJ

/l ,[_____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)--o-)_)

98 Jeep XJ

_(o)_)--(o)_)----)_)
BomberJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #239
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Bad Brakes!

I subcumbed to having bad brakes and finally MrBlaine offered to do my brakes right. Being the stubborn guy I am, I foolishly put in brakes that are not designed for a Jeep. While they did stop the Jeep they were not good! The pressure from the stock Jeep master cylinder was enough to push fluid out of the calipers at random points.

Last week I put a Vanco kit in the 2006 LJ and man that thing stops! That's what I wanted in the 2003 but since I have a Spidertrax front housing and knuckles a bolt on kit does not exists.

On to the installation. Yesterday I stopped by Blaine garage to check on the progress of the new brakes. What he has assembled is 04-05 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 front calipers and rotors. To help those stop the Jeep is a Vanco Hydroboost unit. I didn't know anything about hydroboost until at the KOH race a friend of Blaine's let me drive his Jeep with it installed. Talk about stopping. You'd better have your seat belt on or you're going through the windshield.

Hydroboost requires a feed from my PSC power steering pump. Since I already have hydro assist steering it makes it a little easier. I do have to have a bung aluminum TIG welded on to my external reservoir.

Back to the front calipers and rotors. I'm running 5 x 5.5 lug pattern on E450 unit bearings. The RAM rotors are 5 x 5.5 but the center holes need to be enlarged to accomodate the hubs. As for the calipers, alot more work was needed. First the old brackets need to be cutoff and the knuckles needed to be cleaned up. Blaine then made some custom tabs to accomodate the calipers and welded them on the to knuckles. Since the knuckles are manufactured steel he can just weld on the tabs and they'll be super strong. If you don't get the calipers center on the caliper perfectly then trouble will follow. A caliper that is not centered will let the rotor wobble. Thus opening the pads and creating a soft pedal becuse you first have to fill the gap created by the opening. He has a nifty tool that helps him do this. It injects hi pressure air into the caliper to aid in alignmenmt. Just to make sure the Jeep will do a forward roll upon braking, I got some EBC yellow pads for the front and green for the rear.

Blaine is getting close to completing my brakes and I'm exited to see how well they work!

Other work is being done to make the Jeep handle better. I can't express how grateful I am to Blaine for fine tuning my Jeep. I probably could have come close but it would have taken me much longer with much trial and error. I have been really busy at work and with this ecomony we must take in as much as possible now!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Last edited by Savvy; 04-05-2009 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: Wrong parts listed. Fixed!
Unread 04-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #240
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
I subcumbed to having bad brakes and finally MrBlaine offered to do my brakes right. Being the stubborn guy I am, I foolishly put in brakes that are not designed for a Jeep. While they did stop the Jeep they were not good! The pressure from the stock Jeep master cylinder was enough to push fluid out of the calipers at random points.

Last week I put a Vanco kit in the 2006 LJ and man that thing stops! That's what I wanted in the 2003 but since I have a Spidertrax front housing and knuckles a bolt on kit does not exists.

On to the installation. Yesterday I stopped by Blaine garage to check on the progress of the new brakes. What he has assembled is Dodge Dakota front calipers and rotors. To help those stop the Jeep is a Vanco Hydroboost unit. I didn't know anything about hydroboost until at the KOH race a friend of Blaine's let me drive his Jeep with it installed. Talk about stopping. You'd better have your seat belt on or you're going through the windshield.

Hydroboost requires a feed from my PSC power steering pump. Since I already have hydro assist steering it makes it a little easier. I do have to have a bung aluminum TIG welded on to my external reservoir.

Back to the front calipers and rotors. I'm running 5 x 5.5 lug pattern on E450 unit bearings. The Dakota rotor are 5 x 5.5 but the center hole needed to be enlarged to accomodate the hub. As for the calipers, alot more work was needed. First the old brackets need to be cutoff and the knuckles needed to be cleaned up. Blaine then made some custom tabs to accomodate the calipers and welded them on the to knuckles. Since the knuckles are manufactured steel he can just weld on the tabs and they'll be super strong. If you don't get the calipers center on the caliper perfectly then trouble will follow. A caliper that is not centered will let the rotor wobble. Thus opening the pads and creating a soft pedal becuse you first have to fill the gap created by the opening. He has a nifty tool that helps him do this. It injects hi pressure air into the caliper to aid in alignmenmt. Just to make sure the Jeep will do a forward roll upon braking, I got some EBC yellow pads for the front and green for the rear.

Blaine is getting close to completing my brakes and I'm exited to see how well they work!

Other work is being done to make the Jeep handle better. I can't express how grateful I am to Blaine for fine tuning my Jeep. I probably could have come close but it would have taken me much longer with much trial and error. I have been really busy at work and with this ecomony we must take in as much as possible now!
Sorry Gerald, I must have been thinking about that Dakota booster I'm going to swap into Kat's rig. Your brakes are from an 04-05 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 both rotor and dual piston calipers.

The rotors are 13" in diameter and 1.10" thick. The calipers have dual 54 mm pistons and that compares to the 48mm pistons in Van's bigger kits. Too much piston to be driven with the stock booster, so the high flow hydroboost redone by Van out of a 1 ton pick-up will do the pushing.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.