2003 Unrolled (pics) - Page 10 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 694 Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Daveysjeeps.com is a good source and insurance auctions are really good but you need a dealer license.

Your right by Daveysjeeps!

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 694 Old 09-04-2008, 11:53 AM
97casteeltj

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
Daveysjeeps.com is a good source and insurance auctions are really good but you need a dealer license.

Your right by Daveysjeeps!
could i just call him and ask for a quote for a NP 241 off one of those wrecked Rubi's?? man he has a **** load of rolled/crashed jeeps!!! that would be awesome to have a surplus of materials like that in my area!!

-John

needing a new rig....
post #138 of 694 Old 09-04-2008, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Hey John,

Where are the pix of the install!

Daveys has most everything! They aren't to expensive and ship fast as well.

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #139 of 694 Old 09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
97casteeltj

1997 TJ Wrangler 

well i had my camera in the jeep after doing the install, and well Mr. Gustav decided to even kind of hit Oklahoma with some storms and flooded my Jeep including my camera....i'm going to get another soon, but won't have pics of the install process just the after pics, i may have some, but probably not....tomorrow i have to go to a wedding and a birthday, but i'm getting my front regeared and locked and probably also my BL and MML....hopefully pics soon!

needing a new rig....
post #140 of 694 Old 09-13-2008, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Finally got some time to start working on the front axle today.

I got the shock hoops and coil overs mocked up.

Full stuff

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #141 of 694 Old 09-13-2008, 07:33 PM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

address? home phone? leave a key under the mat?

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds:
and

or follow us on
post #142 of 694 Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Finally got back to the Jeep and i'm almost done with the front. I just need to add weld some steering arms for the tie rod and place the limit straps. For now it is on 40's so I can flip it around and strat on the back. I'm hoping it will not take as long.

Top cross brace mocked up

Drag link and track bar are parallel but the track bar need 1.5" to be perfect. I expect a little bump steer.

It is a little low right now as I have not adjusted the coilover yet. It will probably go up 2-3". I'd like to keep it here but then I'd only have 3-4" of up travel.

Spidertrax hats and rotors with Wilwood calipers make up teh front brakes

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #143 of 694 Old 10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
joet7287
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This thing is sweet. Thumbs up on an awesome build.

1997 TJ Wrangler Sport
American Racing rims, 33x12.5R15 Hercules Trail Digger M/Ts, Yukon gears, Trac-Lok Limited Slip Diff., Rubberized interior, Cobra CB radio, more to come

post #144 of 694 Old 10-12-2008, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Yesterday, I fianlly started on the rear and got a little done. By far my least favorite thing to do is cut out the old brackets and grind everything clean. The plasma torch makes it a lot easier.

Old SA & spring perches are now gone

Four link brackets will sit here

Now I just have to wait for the Currie Iron Jock Axle. I hope to pick it up next week so I can get the Jeep back on it wheels. There is still a bunch of work.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #145 of 694 Old 10-12-2008, 11:55 AM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post

Whatcha gonna do with all them fuel, emission, and brake lines?

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
post #146 of 694 Old 10-12-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

I'll probably do what you showed me and route them up and to the outside of the bracket. I was also thinking I could mount the emission stuff underneath just to the right of the bracket.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #147 of 694 Old 10-12-2008, 12:59 PM
cal45acp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Crawled the whole thread...Amazing work!!!
post #148 of 694 Old 10-25-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

I picked up the Currie Iron Jock late Friday. Allow three weeks when you order a Currie rear end. It has 5.38 gears, 35 spline SF axle shafts with an ARB Locker.

Got the axle underneath

Installed the Genright Tank and checked fit. I can probably move bak another 1".

I'm going to have to notch the tub a little so I can get a full 7" of up travel I have planned. The upper control arms hit the rear foot well just a little and the diff brackets hits at 5" of up travel

Got all of the control arms brackets tacked and cut and tacked the tubes.

Right now I'm at 99.5" WB so I'll get the 100" I was looking for. Next up shock towers.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Last edited by Savvy; 10-25-2008 at 02:47 PM.
post #149 of 694 Old 10-25-2008, 03:16 PM
PBR

2000 TJ Wrangler 

what size coil overs are those?
post #150 of 694 Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 PM
slingerofmud
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This thread is amazing. Really enjoyed reading the progress on this Jeep. I can't believe how this started as a rollover. Keep it up, I hope to read more!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.