2003 Sahara and colors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2003 Sahara and colors

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-05-2003, 06:24 AM   #1
zband
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2003 Sahara and colors

Hello all, I am (ideally) going to be a new Jeep owner in the next couple of months and have a question. I want to purchase the new '03 Sahara (b/c of the loaded options and the full fenders) but I am pretty displeased about the color choices. I mean what kind of Einstiens were working @ jeep that decided to pick the lamest of all the color options for one of the more expensive models?

Does anyone know of any rumours that jeep will change the color lineup for the Sahara line in '04?

zband is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2003, 08:28 AM   #2
Markus

For the $ Look at the Rubicon

Why not look at the Rubicon? For an extra few grand the Rubicon is a heck of a good deal over the Sahara. I am kicking myself that I didn't wait until for the 2003 Rubicon to come available. I ended up with a fully optioned 2002 Sahara and have kinda regretted it since. Here in Canada, the price difference between a fully loaded Rubicon (2 tops, AC, premium sound, etc.) and aloaded Sahara (D44, etc.) is 2500.00 and you get alot more for your money.

Fender Flares: The Rubicon comes with Sahara-type flares (but no body mouldings, only diamond plate rocker guards), only they are not painted from factory. If you like the color matched flares like the Sahara has, just have them painted.

The Rubicon is also available in 10 different colors (although some are awful like Inca - nasty!) while the Sahara comes in only 4 for 2003.

Just a thought.

Markus.

[URL=www.truro-offroad.com]TRURO OFFROAD[/URL]

Last edited by Markus; 04-05-2003 at 08:32 AM..
Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
sivarock

Not sure what's going on on "03 with the Sport Edition, but I don't think there is much the Sahara has my Sport doesn't. I have a Dana 44 rear, seven speakers with sub, fog lights, full doors and a 4.0L.

I love my 02 sport...
Unread 04-05-2003, 03:17 PM   #4
AgentZed

Re: 2003 Sahara and colors

Quote:
Originally posted by zband
I mean what kind of Einstiens were working @ jeep that decided to pick the lamest of all the color options for one of the more expensive models?
The ones that look at the sales statistics and see that the high-end models are bought mostly by adults who prefer the lame, conservative colors.

Jeep sells only a moderate number of Wranglers a year. So they make the combinations most likely to sell out to their target markets.

But you can always order a Sport with every option and have the same thing--except for the color-matched fenders.
[b][color=white]White Jeep Club member #101010[/color][/b]
AgentZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2003, 03:52 PM   #5
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The Sahara's are very nice on the inside but they have gone up in price for 03. I would look at the Rubicon. Mine has every option the Sahara has except the painted flares and comes with a rock-trac 4:1 transfer case and dual locking dana 44's. There is no comparison. I looked at a loaded Sahara that cost over $27000 when I bought my Jeep. I paid $27160 and I think you will most likely regret your decision.
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #6
sstaurus
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The Rubicon is cheaper than the Sahara here in Canada
sstaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 06:30 AM   #7
Zookeeper

If you want to spend the extra bucks, consider the Rubi, but remember, it's really an off-road machine made to go on-road, as opposed to the Sports and Saharas that are on-road machines made to go off-road. If it's going to be your daily driver, think about what you might be sacrificing by having an out-of-box off roader on the highway every day.

Having said that, I agree with the other comment about the Sports. I have an '03 that I love, and have it optioned out with so much stuff that it's basically a Sahara without painted flares and, IMHO, the somewhat ugly Sahara seats.

My .02.
Unread 04-06-2003, 06:42 AM   #8
AgentZed

Quote:
Originally posted by Zookeeper
IMHO, the somewhat ugly Sahara seats.
That was my initial reaction, too. But after owning a Sahara for two weeks before the seat covers I ordered came in, I found I actually liked the green/tan of the factory Sahara seats. Now I miss that look now that they are covered by black and tan covers.
[b][color=white]White Jeep Club member #101010[/color][/b]
AgentZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 09:50 AM   #9
zband
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by bbusch
I looked at a loaded Sahara that cost over $27000 when I bought my Jeep. I paid $27160 and I think you will most likely regret your decision.
Thats odd, I looked at www.carsdirect.com and searched for Sahara and the price came to $23,700. Nevertheless, any chances that the colors will be changed for '04?

BTW, thank you for your suggestions; but a Rubicon is just too off road for my needs. A loaded Sport model would indeed rival a Saraha model, but it would be missing an essential part that "look" about a jeep that I admire- the full fenders.
zband is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2003, 02:20 PM   #10
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rubys vs Sahara and Sport

Yes a loaded Sahara can cost well over $27000. $23760is cheap and it is probably not an 03. As for how the rubicon rides mine is also a daily driver (over a hundred miles per day) and it drives better than my sport or my roomates sahara. You are not sacrificing ride characterists by buying a Rubicon. If you do not wheel and you like the seat colors and the fender flares then get the Sahara but man let me tell you the tcase creeps like a champ and the lockers work great! I took mine to tellico a few weeks ago and did not have any problems going where I wanted to go (a stock Sport or Sahara would have been stuck in several situations I found myself in). Anyway I think the Rubicon rides better because the axles are slightly larger and the tires are bigger too. Busch
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.