2003 Rubi---how much is it worth - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2003 Rubi---how much is it worth

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 10-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
pezley69
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2003 Rubi---how much is it worth

Here is the info I have. I have looked at the jeep locally. Tell me what you think its worth....

2003 Jeep Rubi 30k miles
Gray exterior--no major scratches and no dings I saw
Black cloth interior--decent shape but could use a cleaning
Black soft top--pretty good shape with only minor scratchces on windows
Comes with black hard top--I have not seen it but they say it is in good shape
Comes with wilderness rack--again, I have not seen it but they say it is in good shape. I saw a picture of it on the jeep and it looked like....well....a rack....
It has new tires (the receipt for 600 or so bucks in the glove box about 6k miles ago)
Has an aftermarket bumper on the front with a reciever and set up for a winch.
No rust other than some bolt heads.
All 4 wheel drive component seem to work properly
it has a hitch on it too

Thats about it. Let me know how much you think I should pay.....

Unread 10-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What are they wanting? Prolly get more response's letting you know if thats a good price and what not.

Last edited by FLATFENDER54; 10-11-2006 at 08:35 AM..
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #3
fisher836
2008 JK Wrangler 

$15,500-$17,000 ish...?
If everything works in it.
Take it for a ride, put it in 4LO and engage both the front and rear lockers. Make sure it's a Rubicon and no a poser.

I checked KBB on mine the other day. 80k Miles - Rubicon - Fair cond. $11,000 (which is BS, eventhough it does have high miles)
Unread 10-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #4
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check out:

www.nada.com
www.kbb.com
www.edmonds.com

And also see what comparable rigs are going for on Ebay, Craig's List, and local sales.

In the end, its worth what you and the seller agree upon. The above are merely indicators that can help you determine value.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
jeeptj19992001

Mine Is Priceless
Unread 10-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
pezley69
2005 TJ Wrangler 

They have it listed at 19,900.

I was thinking with hardtop and what not offering around 17,500 for it.

I did test drive it and everything works. I took it down a dirt road.....and tested the 4 wheel drive. The lockers lit up so I assume it works....

17500 sound about right? It does have low miles and as far as I can tell it has not been off road much as the paint and stock fender flairs are good and the top in good shape (not scratched from rubbing trees).

I think 19k is high....
Unread 10-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #7
acsguitar

Sounds nice:

I just paid 17500 for 2005 Rocky Mountain X with 1000 miles. 30,000 isn't much at all so sounds like a good deal especially with all the after market.

I'd do a carfax and check it out on edmunds also
acsguitar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.