post #1 of Old 07-09-2013, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
nsiekirk
2002 TJ Wrangler 

2002 TJ Wrangler X Turn Signal Malfunction

I am looking for some help in repairing a problem with my L turn signal.

2002 TJ Wrangler X

I have had the left indicator stay on (inside cab) when my lights are on. The signal is "quick" when activating the L turn signal. The classic jeep "beep" has been a regular occurrence for the past week or so. The beep will dissipate only when the R turn signal is activated or I am traveling <15mph.

I have since replaced both the side L turn signal (on fender) and the front left left turn signal according to the manual's part #. Since changing the bulbs:

The left indicator stays on (inside cab)
The L side turn signal does not light when turn signal is not activated. (i.e. light is dark)
The L side turn signal does activate when L turn signal is initiated in cab (at quicker pace)
The L front turn signal is on when turn signal is not activated. (light is not dark, rather constant however at lower intensity as compared to R Front)
The L front turn signal does not activate when L turn signal is initiated in cab (stays constant at lower intensity).

How can I fix this? I want to have proper lighting and of course rid myself of the "beep". Could someone help? Thank you!

post #2 of Old 07-23-2014, 11:13 AM
VUswimmer93
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Have you resolved this issue? My '02 TJ just started the jeep "beep" when I have my headlights switched on. The indicator stays lit and beeps after a mile of driving over 15 mph

Tags
beep , turn signal wiring , turn signals , wiring