2001 TJ Build Thread (Attempt 2) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2001 TJ Build Thread (Attempt 2)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

2001 TJ Build Thread (Attempt 2)

I gave this a try once but never updated it and it failed pretty miserably. Now that I have a little more time I am going to try it again. Here is the back-story, I wanted a jeep for a long time and when my old Volvo was on its last legs my parents surprised me with a 2001 jeep wrangler sport. It had 42,000 miles on it and I lucked out with the straight six and d44 rear as I knew nothing about jeeps.

being the noob I was my first round of mods were a throttle body spacer a k&n intake and a 3in body lift and light bar…. I know I know terrible, ill spare you of those pics because they are that horrible.

Finally learned a bit about jeeps and wheeling, lost the side steps and saved up to purchase a RE 4.5 in lift, and sye and after a little fender bender some TnT flat fenders. Also swapped the 3in bl for a 1.5 and a MMl

Lift…

2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Looking for 4.88s (R&P) for a d44/d30 PM me
TJSport01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

after the lift I saved up and got some used 33s on eagle alloy wheels, also some pics of the warn front bumper the sye and drive shaft and the K&N intake…

added a tire carrier, rhino lining, some light tabs, and replaced a cracked radiator before I left for college

2001 Jeep TJ, 1in JKS Body Lift, 35x12.50x15in Goodyear Mtr's and a RE 4.5 SF with AA sye, tom woods custom cv drive shaft, tnt tube fenders w/3in flares and flush mounted led turn signals, 1in mml, cobra cb and firestik, custom rock sliders, herced, trail scars

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

drove the heep from florida to Colorado from school

threw and aussie in the front got some 35 goodyears for Christmas and added an AA transfer case bracket

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

some other randoms... turn signals

plans for the near future is a winch fix the CB i once had and continue wheeling

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

never really knew anything about cars before all of this kinda learned on the way.... also did some maintenance redid the front brakes completely both hubs on the front and a few sensor on the intake

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

some action shots..... what do you all think

Unread 01-31-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i think i wanna get some flat fenders. haha. cool looking rig. do cops harass you with those fenders? any trouble getting it inspected?
Unread 01-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

havent gotten any crap from the fenders but i also have a florida license plate and basically anything goes in florida... ive never been inspected for anything lol

Unread 01-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

haha. im moving to cali i think. vt is strict!!
Unread 01-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
neverbackdown
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdude2890 View Post
havent gotten any crap from the fenders but i also have a florida license plate and basically anything goes in florida... ive never been inspected for anything lol
i miss florida i got stationed up here in washington state after joining the coast guard but i have been pulled over more times here in the past year and a half then i EVER did back when i lived in florida
Unread 01-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #11
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

florida cops are pretty lax it was a good place to go to highschool, cali?? isnt that more strict there laws are a little ridiculous

Unread 01-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdude2890 View Post
florida cops are pretty lax it was a good place to go to highschool, cali?? isnt that more strict there laws are a little ridiculous
CA tends to be pretty lax with 4x4 rigs. AND we have a ton of open areas for wheeling. When i lived in Colorado Springs we used to have to drive for hours to find a "real" trail (and no, saran wrap and eagle rock are not "real" trails ).
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #13
mscottz
2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice thread. Maybe I'll see a around town sometime.
Colorado Jeep Club member #1969
mscottz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #14
TJSport01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

so far colorado has been so much better than florida trail wise... go figure

Unread 01-31-2009, 11:48 PM   #15
RubiExpressTJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

yeah i dont know why i said cali? i meant florida... half naked girl friend in the same room... i think i was side tracked. but yeah.... idk if it's the same way in other states but your rig needs to be inspected once a year here and the shops are hard ons about it because they can lose their inspection license if the law finds out their giving stickers to bad vehicles.. it sucks.. i brought my ZJ to a garage and the guy told me i had to attach the front plate with more screws, put a regular bumper on, put a quieter exhaust on, and my favorite; "sheet rock screw some rubber around the wheel wells to cover the tires better" hahahaha.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.