2001 Jeep TJ 4.0 turns over but wont start. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2001 Jeep TJ 4.0 turns over but wont start.

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 02-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
MOTOWNTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

2001 Jeep TJ 4.0 turns over but wont start.

My 2001 TJ turns over but will not start and run. Replaced the crank shaft positioning sensor and still nothing. Just topped off fuel before this started. When I turn the key on I no longer hear the fuel pump kick on. Checked fuses and relays they seem fine. Check the valve on the fuel line near the injector and no fuel comes out. Is there anythig else I should check before i go digging into the fuel tank to replace the fuel pump.

MOTOWNTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
j_niko
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check to make sure there is voltage getting to the fuel pump.
Unread 02-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Check for spark.

When spark is not present, the fuel pump will eventually be cut off.
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
MOTOWNTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have left the jeep sit a while. I just recently started to work it again. I jumped a wire from the fuse box under the hood at the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump kicks on and sends fuel to the fuel rail. However I am not getting any spark at the coil rail. I have replaced the crank shaft positioning senor and cam shaft positing senor. Do any of you think that the coil rail is bad or posibly the computer. I dont know what else could to check. I hooked the jeep up ot an OBD II scanner and it will not show any codes, just "no link." All my connctions look clean and no wires that i have found seem to be broke or exposed.
Unread 03-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
MOTOWNTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced the ingnition coil and still nothing, so I guess Iam going to further check all the wiring under the hood for any damage. If that does not turn up anything i guess its off to the dealership for diagnostic. Any other input would be appreciated.
Unread 05-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
jkretzer

any results, i am having the same issue right now? thanks
jkretzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.