2000 Wrangler "Chili Pepper Edition" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2000 Wrangler "Chili Pepper Edition"

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
Maran

2000 Wrangler "Chili Pepper Edition"

I am looking for information regarding the "Chili Pepper Edition" model Jeep Wrangler. I have google'd for it, and searched several forums, and only found this post:

http://www.jeepforums.com/forum/show...pepper+edition

I know they exist, because I may be buying one. It has a "Chili Pepper Edition" sticker on the side of each front fender, right in front of the door.

I was curious if this model was rare? Is it worth more than a sport or saraha in equal condition?

The one I am looking at is a 2000 Chili Pepper Red (go figure!), with a tan convertible top, (black bikini top included also) it has brand new 31x9.50BFG's, factory alloy wheels, 48,000 miles, 4x4, 5spd MT, 4.0 6cyl , never been off-road, well maintained, and in overall exceptional condition.

Thanks for any info you may have on this model!!

Maran

Last edited by Maran; 03-11-2004 at 01:27 PM..
Maran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:37 PM   #2
Drew99
2012 JK Wrangler 

Are you sure that you are not talking about Tabasco Jeep
Drew99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
rogasm
2002 TJ Wrangler 

it's probably a dealer special...

the dealership by me does "RHINO JEEPS."
rogasm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
gajeeper03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maran
I am looking for information regarding the "Chili Pepper Edition" model Jeep Wrangler. I have google'd for it, and searched several forums, and only found this post:

http://www.jeepforums.com/forum/show...pepper+edition

I know they exist, because I may be buying one. It has a "Chili Pepper Edition" sticker on the side of each front fender, right in front of the door.

I was curious if this model was rare? Is it worth more than a sport or saraha in equal condition?

The one I am looking at is a 2000 Chili Pepper Red (go figure!), with a tan convertible top, (black bikini top included also) it has brand new 31x9.50BFG's, factory alloy wheels, 48,000 miles, 4x4, 5spd MT, 4.0 6cyl , never been off-road, well maintained, and in overall exceptional condition.

Thanks for any info you may have on this model!!

Maran
I have seen these. I think the first one's came out in 1998...as far as how many were made or if it is worth more than sport/sahara/etc...I do not know.

Try www.kbb.com to see if the value is more.

Found this:
http://www.geocities.com/jeepboy49028/changes.html
Just getting started....more mods to come.....
[color=green]Green Jeep Member #71[/color]
gajeeper03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Chili Pepper edition?

Mine is chili pepper red, but nothing on it says chili pepper edition:
jeep_badlands.jpg  

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 04:21 PM   #6
Rastahmann
1998 TJ Wrangler 

AFIK, the only thing that Chili Pepper refers to is the color. My Monroney states the color as Chili Pepper Red, but nothing about a Chili Pepper edition.

John

1998 TJ Sport [COLOR=darkred]Chili Pepper Red [/COLOR]
ARB Front and Rear, 4:88 Gears
Summer - 35x13.50 BFG Krawler T/A on Allied Rockathon Beadlocks 15x10
Winter - 35x12.50 BFG All-Terrain T/A on Eagle 589 15x10
4" Superlift, 1" Teraflex body lift
+ Other stuff

Quote of the day: "I didn't think that rubicons needed anything done to them to make them good? A guy at the dealership told me that they are even trail rated, that's the government's highest raiting of a 4x4. no other brands have it."
Rastahmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2004, 05:36 PM   #7
Polaris

There's one going around up at school... has a chili pepper edition badge in the decal area.
ORIGINAL Black Jeep Club Member #34

ThePointbreak.org | Mods and Wheeling pics
Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #8
Bodawgone

I have a 98 Sport in Chili Pepper Red but no Chili Pepper badge or decals. Might be pretty cool though.....
Bodawgone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2004, 10:57 AM   #9
barleypops

I remember a salesman talking about it when I ordered my '99 (in '98). I really only remember that he was glad I didn't want the chili pepper edition because that's what everyone was trying to order and they were limiting the quantities each dealership could have.
This was in San Antonio, where the chili pepper is a famous theme...
barleypops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2004, 11:07 AM   #10
ChristopherJ
Resident Physician

2000 XJ Cherokee 

It was a themed version made similar to the Tomb Raider Jeep. I test drove one here. It had the badges on the outside that said "Chili Pepper Edition" and one badge inside that said it. As far as i remember, it wasn't any different from the Sahara model except for the badges.

I've yet to find a picture of one on the internet though. But i know it wasn't just a dream.
ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.