2000 TJ w/ Rough Country 4" Lift, 2" Spacers, 35" MT BAJA MTZs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2000 TJ w/ Rough Country 4" Lift, 2" Spacers, 35" MT BAJA MTZs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 02-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
roughskinjrz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

2000 TJ w/ Rough Country 4" Lift, 2" Spacers, 35" MT BAJA MTZs

Hey just wanted to share that last weekend i installed a 4" Rough Country lift with 2" Spacers. I also put on Bar Pin Eliminators, Shock Relocation Kit, Slip Yoke Eliminator, CV Driveshaft ( VERY NICE ), 2.2 Shock Upgrade, 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, and 35x12.50x15 Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ's.
The 35" Tires would not have fit my jeep without the spacers, but because of the spacers i had to drill holes in different locations for the panhard bar in the back on the new track bar relocation bracket, just widened it a bit, the front track bar it said i had to drill a hole 3/4" from the stock hole, but it ended up being further away obiously.
Also the shifter bracket i had to use with the kit was kinda ****ty had to custom fix that because i couldnt get into the lower gears, and at first couldnt get into Neutral or 4 LOW on the 4x4 lever but fixed that. Here is a picture of my jeep now i think it looks great.

roughskinjrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

35's work with 4" of lift pretty easily.
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughskinjrz View Post
the front track bar it said i had to drill a hole 3/4" from the stock hole, but it ended up being further away obiously.
Install an adjustable track bar...IMO
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

6" of lift on short arms? Great idea. What do you mean the tires wouldn't have fit without the spacers? You would have more than enough room with 4" springs. Your wheelbase is sorely lacking and you look awkwardly tall. What's your question?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
roughskinjrz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i didnt think about an adjustable track bar until i was at that part of the job, i asked around on the site and noone really recommended it but i might buy one now.
and for the 35s with my fender flares they wouldnt fit i tried so i just put the spacers on.
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i didnt think about an adjustable track bar until i was at that part of the job, i asked around on the site and noone really recommended it but i might buy one now.
and for the 35s with my fender flares they wouldnt fit i tried so i just put the spacers on.
Imped above you is running 35s on much less lift than you and they fit fine. The fit before he did his hi-line too when he was running the RC 2.5 and 1.25 inch BL on stock fenders with trimmed flares. Hell, my bud Tony (flatlander757) is running 40s on 4.5 inches of lift....but that's a COMPLETELY different story

Ditch the spacers man, you'll be a little happier.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
roughskinjrz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i dont like the spacers idea much, i just installed them cuz when i cut the wheel the tires were hitting the fender flares which i didnt like, so i slapped them in. but maybe ill take them out and try again when i have more time.
Imped you dont have to be a donkey i was just sharing, if you read what i wrote my question or statement had nothing to do about what my wheel base looked like or how akwardly tall it looks. your telling me noone else jeep looks the same as mine, or you just feeling like a donkey tonight.
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #8
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

So.what's your question? You're right, I'm a donkey.
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

At ride height the 35's were hitting your flares with just the 4" springs? Something doesn't sound right.
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperbluelx View Post
At ride height the 35's were hitting your flares with just the 4" springs? Something doesn't sound right.
He has a rough country kit...remember?

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperbluelx View Post
That certainly wasn't the case. It sounds like he needs to learn about bump stops.
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
roughskinjrz
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Another problem, if i knew the kit was gonna give me the trouble it did i wouldnt have went with it, but i heard alot of good things about their kit on this site. It rides rough but nothing i didnt expect, i really like the slip yoke eliminator and the cv driveshaft those parts looks top notch.
I think i'll take out the spacers though and just run the kit, because i guess it does look akwardly tall like Sped said, maybe the front drag link will fit right and the rear panhard bar. I thought the 35's would fit no problems but maybe i was just too tired to see what was really going on, I'll try this again in a few weeks i just wanted to share about 13 hours of work that i put into this thing.
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
viperbluelx
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Another problem, if i knew the kit was gonna give me the trouble it did i wouldnt have went with it, but i heard alot of good things about their kit on this site. It rides rough but nothing i didnt expect, i really like the slip yoke eliminator and the cv driveshaft those parts looks top notch.
I think i'll take out the spacers though and just run the kit, because i guess it does look akwardly tall like Sped said, maybe the front drag link will fit right and the rear panhard bar. I thought the 35's would fit no problems but maybe i was just too tired to see what was really going on, I'll try this again in a few weeks i just wanted to share about 13 hours of work that i put into this thing.
Running 6" of lift on a short arm is going to ride rough regardless of what brand the lift is. The geometry is screwed. Remove the 2" spacers and just run the 4" springs. You'll probably need 2.5-3" of bump stop in the front and around 2" in the rear to keep the tires from hitting the fenders when flexing.
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
What do you mean the tires wouldn't have fit without the spacers?
Well, take it easy on him, he has no idea what bumpstop extensions are, what coil bind is, what shock length is supposed to be, or what suspension geometry means
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It sits too high in the back man. Mabey ditch the rear 2" spacer and put a 3/4" one on instead? that would probably level it up.

OR, take all the 2" spacers out and put some 3/4" spacers in just the front to eliminate the rake.

Buy YES 6" of lift is ALOT for short arms.

BTW: Way to go man! Its good to see someone proud of the work they put into their ride. Experience with a wrench and ratchet is irreplacable. Now you just need to "fine tune it" a bit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.