2000 Jeep Tj clutch issue... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2000 Jeep Tj clutch issue...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
JobForaCowboy
1998 XJ Cherokee 

2000 Jeep Tj clutch issue...

Hey guys,

Been a while for me in the Jeep world.

I sold my xj a few years ago and just recently fell into a deal with a 2000 tj that I could not refuse.

So my issue is my clutch. Last night when I was coming home my clutch was making a terrible grinding noise when the clutch was pushed all the way in. So I instantly assumed that it was my throw out bearing gone (which I still am assuming.) But this morning my clutch was fine, no noise at all... SO I am assuming that it is on the way out.

My question for you is should dropping my transition fluid help it live a little longer? If so what do these tj take? Special tools involved?

Thanks in advance.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.