2 stupid questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2 stupid questions

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
dcfeeiv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2 stupid questions

numero uno
when the jeeps in 2wd its rear wheel driven right?

numero dos
im replacing my radiator im thinking about the 2 row all metal variant or 3 row all metal to put in. i rememeber you guys saying to go w/ an aluminum radiator(yes i know that aluminum is metal) is this the thing you were thinking of? http://www.radiatorbarn.com/s7.asp?a...L+ENGINE+SIZES

dcfeeiv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
[ITA]Tsunami
Italian Wheeler in Mexico

2006 TJ Wrangler 

i can answer the numero uno question, yes it is
However it is a strange twist in the cosmic thread that will not allow the driver of a Jeep that has experienced air bag deployment off-road to consume beef for 48 hours after the event. You can consume chicken, pork, turkey, or emu.
[ITA]Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

1. Yes.

2. Those are 'all metal' meaning no plastic parts. The do not say aluminum, so they are likely steel.

OME ZJ/LJ combo | SwayLOC | 1.25" BL | Nth TT | Riddler diff covers | EMP gastank skid | 33" MTRs | Warn M8000 | Cobra75
and much more...

Riddler torture test video
Oil Filter Study
Useful Axle Info Thread
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
dcfeeiv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

but steel is better than plastic right?
so the order is aluminum is better than steel which is better than plastic right?
Unread 06-23-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
LightningRod
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have that radiator and its way better than the stupid stock plastic one. All you need is the two row radiator.
LightningRod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
4wheel4real
1998 TJ Wrangler 

x2 on raidiator barn all metal 3row radiator. I replaced mine and I have not had any problems.
4wheel4real is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #7
dcfeeiv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

will i notice a difference between the 2 row and 3 row?
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #8
dcfeeiv
1997 TJ Wrangler 

anyone able to help? (i just wanted to say bump but the forum wouldnt let me)
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #9
Stu Olson
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

There has been a fair amount of discussion in regards to two row and three row radiators and if the three row provides better cooling.

A three row has more metal in the core and so some say the air flow through it is reduced. This reduced air flow then provides decreased cooling performance.

Some with the three row say they work just fine.....and I won't argue that fact assuming they live in a climate where they are not pushing the envelope of the cooling system during the hot summer months.

Others say that in order to reap the benefits of what the three row offers, you need to replace the stock fan clutch and fan with the heavy duty fan clutch and a 7 blade fan. This provides for more air flow and brings the cooling performance back.

A friend of mine, who lives in Tucson, AZ (which also gets quite hot in the summer) installed a 3 row and had poor cooling performance (he did not install the HD clutch and new fan). He removed the 3 row and installed a two row.....leaving everything else as it was. No cooling issues from that point on.

A good aluminum radiator runs about $500 (sometimes more) and often times requires you to do a little fab work to get it mounted properly (not always....depends on the manufacturer). A friend of mine has one and has reported no improvement in his cooling performance.

I have a two row all metal replacement radiator in my TJ and it seems to do as well as the factory unit that it replaced.
Stu Olson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.