2" SL with 3/4" BB and Sway bar links? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2" SL with 3/4" BB and Sway bar links?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #1
mnm99
2005 TJ Wrangler 

2" SL with 3/4" BB and Sway bar links?

If I did the BDS 2" SL and wanted to add 3/4" spacers in the front to level it out, will I have to replace the sway bar links too since I'm going higher than 2"?

mnm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You have 2" links already, then no. You still on stock links? Then it might be worth consideration, but you're still probably okay unless you plan on catching some big air from time to time
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
mnm99
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
You have 2" links already, then no. You still on stock links? Then it might be worth consideration, but you're still probably okay unless you plan on catching some big air from time to time
Stock links. No plans of big air, but like to do things right. If I really don't need them that would be great.
mnm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #4
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

you could get away with stockers till u break one. after that jks sells adjustable sets in different sizes. i think they offer a set for 0" to 3" of lift.
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm99 View Post

Stock links. No plans of big air, but like to do things right. If I really don't need them that would be great.
You might post a pic of how your swaybar sets with that setup. Just to get a good concensus. I have 0"-2" discos and 2.5" springs and I want to say a 1" spacer for winch balancing and I'm perfectly fine...but I have no recollection how the 0"-2" links actually compare to the stock length. Short story is, there's a good bit of wiggle room for swaybar link length.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

From your description you have almost 3" of lift with stock links . For the cheap price why wouldn't you replace them . You wouldn't adjust an Anti-Rock 3" off and say good enough .

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.