2 more Transmission Questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2 more Transmission Questions

USA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availab

Unread 02-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
682bear
1998 TJ Wrangler 

2 more Transmission Questions

Ok, I got the transmission out and seperated from the transfer case...

The first thing I noticed was the shifter housing on top is full of small pieces of busted up green plastic... maybe a bushing or something that the shifter moves in? Where would I get a replacement part? I would take a picture to post... but theres not enough left to photograph...

Second, the AX15 overhaul manual that I downloaded says once the shifter housing is removed, there is a retainer bolt visible that must be removed to take out the shift lever shaft and shift arm... when I removed my shifter housing, the top is solid... there is no visible retainer bolt... am I missing something?

This is in a 98 Wrangler, 4.0, with 5 speed...

Thanks -Bear

682bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.