2 lug nut questions- Mickey Mouse kind of questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2 lug nut questions- Mickey Mouse kind of questions

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

2 lug nut questions- Mickey Mouse kind of questions

Ok here's 2 really simple questions:

1) Does anybody know the torque settings on the lugnuts on the rear spare tire carrier. I couldn't find them anywhere. Or do y'all just tighten them up firmlike.

2) I might want to put wheel locks on my new wheels. (I know I know, nobody likes them but I think I've already decided to use them) My question is this: The McGard wheel lock lug is about 1/2 oz. heaver than the regular lugnuts. Is that enough to messup my wheel balance, or is that way to small to make any difference at all?

Goofy would be proud of these questions.

Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
svaughan

For the spare tire, I always just tighten it up really good since it wont come off as easily as a normal lug nut.

I dont think a locking lugnut will have any effect on the ballance since it's close to the hub (center of tire) I use two McGard locks per wheel (yes I'm paranoid). No ill effects.
svaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2005, 04:34 PM   #3
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaughan
For the spare tire, I always just tighten it up really good since it wont come off as easily as a normal lug nut.

I dont think a locking lugnut will have any effect on the ballance since it's close to the hub (center of tire) I use two McGard locks per wheel (yes I'm paranoid). No ill effects.
Yeah I'm paranoid too, so in using 2 you sort of balanced it out, almost
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.