2" BDS Susp. Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2" BDS Susp. Lift

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-03-2006, 08:59 AM   #1
twinjeep97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2" BDS Susp. Lift

So i went to my local offroad shop, and asked them how much it would cost to put a spacer lift on. They only had a rough country which was 1.5". They wonted to do it for $593.00 out the door. I told my dad about it, he called the next day and he talked to the guy a while. The guy at the offroad place said you will be much more satisfied in the long run with a 2" suspension kit! (I have a 97, im in need of new coils pretty bad neway). So he reccomends i go with the 2" BDS suspension lift. He said they offer one of the best warranties out there! He also said that theyd put it on for $600.00 out the door.

Whats everyone think of the BDS 2" lift, anyone have it??

Thanks for reading my loooooonnnnng thread

Green 97' TJ Wrangler. 32x11.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers. 2 KC Daylighters/Smile Covers. 2 Hella Off-road Fog lights. Stainless Taillight guards. Smittybilt Rock Crawler SRC front Bumper, 2 Silver WARN Towhooks.
*New* 2" BDS Suspension Lift
twinjeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

BDS has a great reputation. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about their 2" and 3" TJ kits.

And you'll like the ride too. Their shocks ride nice and soft.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:09 AM   #3
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do It Yourself

this is straight from BDS site

2" 4WD Jeep Wrangler TJ

Base Price $395.57

Front 2" Coil Springs
Rear 2" Coil Springs

This kit comes with four new Pro-Ride coil springs capable of full coil bind and BDS 5500 series shock absorbers.

Max. Tire Size: 32 x 10.50
Max. Wheel Size: 16 x 8
Back Spacing: 3.5"

Est. Installation: 4 hours
Difficulty Level (easy 1 - 5 complicated): 2

So it sounds like you will be paying 50 an hour for instalation. total of around 200. If thats what you want to do go for it. But it should be a pretty easy install and that 200 will buy you ALL the tools you need and then some, plus Beer and Pizza for some firends to help. Plus its bonding time with the jeep.
Scotch740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

BDS lifts are nice. I'm running the 3 inch and 33s on my 98 and haven't had a problem with it! Anyways, where are you located at? Sometimes you can find people in you area on here that would be willing to help you install the lift. A 2 inch coil spring lift is pretty basic when it comes to lifting so it shouldn't take too long.
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
UTWeezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Jon2109
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Like I answered in my thread for someone who asked in there, Yes, BDS lifts are nice lifts. You actaully get more then intended as well. I bought a 2" lift for my TJ and threw it in and got about 2.5" - 3" total lift.

I would deffinetly say try it yourself before you have someone else do it, it is a fairly easy job, just replace the stock coils/springs and you're all set.
Jon2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
twinjeep97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow, this thread was exactly what i was lookin for, i wanted to know how much lift i would net!!

Thanks man!
Green 97' TJ Wrangler. 32x11.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers. 2 KC Daylighters/Smile Covers. 2 Hella Off-road Fog lights. Stainless Taillight guards. Smittybilt Rock Crawler SRC front Bumper, 2 Silver WARN Towhooks.
*New* 2" BDS Suspension Lift
twinjeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.