2" BB and Winch Rake. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > 2" BB and Winch Rake.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
Chris @ GATR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

2" BB and Winch Rake.

I am currently running a 2" Rusty's BB. I will be mounting my winch later this week and I know it will add some weight to the front. With my BB, what can I do to regain the 1" or so that I am going to lose by mounting the 100lb+/- winch setup? Does someone make a 3" spacer that will replace the 2" or is it possible to add a 1" spacer on top of the already installed 2"? What are my other options besides new coils right now?

Thanks!
Chris

Unread 05-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Buy some lift springs... I have some OME springs up front. When I install my winch in the next week or two I may end up buying taller springs...

If you want the OME 2.5" coils shoot me a PM...
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
PackMan

Location: Home of the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari
Buy some lift springs... I have some OME springs up front. When I install my winch in the next week or two I may end up buying taller springs...

That used set of coils is probably a great way to go. You can add a 3/4" spacer or even larger if necessary to trim the overall height. Just beware of getting crazy high to the point where you are affecting driveline angles and the like.
[SIZE="1"][I]OME 2.5" (930 front, 942 rear), Daystar 3/4" front spacers, OME N66/N67 shocks, JKS adj track bars, JKS BBL, JKS BMML, really cool toddler booster seats,
Jeeperman bumpers and rockers, IPF 968, Cobra 75WX CB, sPod switches, Cheerios under the rear seat, Skid Row engine and steering box, MORE steering
shaft lift, crayon marks on the sport bar, Napa SC2928 steering stabilzer, Warn xd9000i winch, something that smells bad on the passenger side rear
fender that a child probably had something to do with, HiLift jack, a .357 Magnum S&W, and an Indianapolis Colts SBXLI World Champion window sticker. [/I][/SIZE]
PackMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
Chris @ GATR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari

Sent you a PM.
Unread 05-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
stevensinger

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would not use a space, maybe it is time for a new springs, we all know its going to cost you some coin but lets face it you now have a winch and can afford to get deeper....hehe
2006 Rubicon Unlimited Khaki: AUTO, 4:11 D44/D44, REBB /w Mono tubes, Rancho front stabilizer, 31 x 9.5 LT245/75R16 MTRs, Stock 16in Moab Wheels, Olympic Reverse-A-Bars,KC Daylighters on windshield brackets, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Pioneer Sound, 3A fire extinguisher, Line-X interior...

www.stevensinger.org <-- Photography website

Hello, my name is Steve and I am a Jeepaholic.

LJ Owners Member 155
Rubicon Owners Member 123
New Jersey Jeepers Member 44
stevensinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #6
JJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i had that setup a while back, 2" bb w/ a Warn XD9000 and AtoZ
winch plate. the added weight did cause the front end to sag a little.
i bought a set of 3/4" coil spacers and placed them on top of my 2"
BB spacers and it leveled it out just right. granted 3" lift springs or
some OME HD springs up front would probably work too, but the spacers
are cheap. i think i paid $25 shipped for these:
http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Produc...=1EF13B1526242
JJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
tjthorson
2014 JK Wrangler 

I did same - I added a 3/4" spacer. And before you ask - the red thing is an airbag for when I put on the snowplow in the winter.... Its unrelated to my adding a .75 spacer on top to compensate for the winch weight. The .75 is at the top.

Orange Crush Jeep Club Member #50
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Gecko Green (Wife's DD)
Gecko Green Jeep Club Member #1
2005 Yellow Unlimited Rubicon (sold)
My Band! -> http://www.forgethannah.com
http://www.toddsplace.com
tjthorson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
STW
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There's no way to know ahead of time how much it'll drop. Mine dropped only .5" after an 8274 and the 8274 winch plate--both heavier than most. I substituted a 2.25" spacer for my 1.75" spacer and that leveled it out. (Both sets of spacers are for sale.)

A few weeks later I added an aftermarket bumper and gave up on spacing the tires OE springs. 3" Rusty's springs hold up really well under winch weight--maybe because they're made to hold up a 4.0 liter so my 2.5 plus winch doesn't faze it.
Unread 05-14-2007, 03:46 PM   #9
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

When I did my 2" BB I swapped to Rubi springs and didn't notice any drop w/ my new bumper, winch plate and winch.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #10
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

cherokee coils.

that is all. if you want pictures of the difference between stock with a heavy bumper, and with cherokee coils, let me know.

you can prolly get them for free too

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.